Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Hello from Ireland

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Tubsandtiles, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Tubsandtiles

Tubsandtiles New Member

Hey lads just signed up, hopefully starting my application process soon.

2. WelshLad91

WelshLad91 Royal Marines Commando

Alrite lad

3. DizzyDingo1

DizzyDingo1 New Member

What county ye from boss?

4. Gardapatrol

Gardapatrol New Member

rite *text deleted*

Whats the crack I'm down in kerry. I'm a good bit in the process unfortunitly i failed the prmc back in march so after 12 of june i can go back there and give it socks ha ha . where you from anyway??. And no my name does not make me a garda if thats what your thinking !!!

5. DizzyDingo1

DizzyDingo1 New Member

Donegal. I don't mind the Gardai, oul fella used to be one.

6. Pete Meath

Pete Meath New Member

How are you now? I'm a Navan man.

What made you think of the marines lads?

7. DizzyDingo1

DizzyDingo1 New Member

Didn't realise there was so many other Irish lads on here.

I want to join cause of the challenge and adventure.

8. Pete Meath

Pete Meath New Member

Yeah I was in Palace barracks speaking to the marine there a few weeks ago and apparently there are more (southern) Irish in the marines now then there ever has been. Tonnes apparently.

I'm the same. I'm working a desk job for an insurance company and I'm bored stiff. Being honest I've been interested in the military since I was a child and found the marines when I was about 18. I tried every job under the sun since and eventually found that I was only ever interested in a career in the military. So now I'm training for it.

Speaking of which how are you all getting on with that?

9. DizzyDingo1

DizzyDingo1 New Member

It's ok so far I guess. My running is awfully poor, but pull-ups and sit ups and press ups are all going ok. I'm 18 now and doing my LC, will probably be heading to third level so that will give me time to train up and smash the fitness.

10. seanpower863

seanpower863 New Member

hi lads

I'm also from ireland down in co, kerry, i went for the royal marines last augest but fail the aptitude test did not expect it to be that hard, was a bit of a failer in school hahaha, i can try again this coming augest but *text deleted** passed selection now for the british army going into the irish gaurds, but wont be starting training until sept but was thinking of trying for the marines in augest to do the aptitude test again and take it from there if i was to pass the test i would think about going with the royal marines and try pass the rest of selection hopefully. i also spend 3 years in the irish naval services in cobh co, cork but then left in 2006 went back to my hometown then in co, kerry but then i join the irish army then in 2007 I'm just out of the army now 4 weeks *text deleted* the british army told me to get myself discharge so i could do my final test and passed it anyway getting a grade A at selection, but would like another go at the aptitude test for the marines.

11. Gardapatrol

Gardapatrol New Member

?

Where in kerry you from ? I'm a tralee man myself like

12. Pete Meath

Pete Meath New Member

How old are you sean? Jesus you've done the rounds haven't you? Were you full time in the navy/army or slua/reserve?

13. seanpower863

seanpower863 New Member

hi lads

I'm from kenmare its about 25min's to kilarney, but I'm living with my girlfriend now in dingle, I'm 24 years old, and i was full time in the irish navy and full time in the irish army, going in the british army soon but would like another go at the aptitude test for the marines if i was to pass u never no like. add me on facebook if u want name is sean power

14. seanpower863

seanpower863 New Member

push-up is the same a press-up *text deleted**, kerry mariens hahahaha *text deleted** what stage are u at with selection for the royal marines, *text deleted** passed for the british army finish all my test's I'm going into the irish guards starting basic training soon, but i dont no should i apply for the royal marines again and try and pass that aptitude test dont want to get in trouble for doing so and then the army find's out *text deleted** done that, if i was to pass i would go ahead and finish the rest of selection for the marines its a chance to take i spouse, its only the written test is holding me back i did it last augest but failed and was on a year wait then so 19th of augest i can try again.

15. DizzyDingo1

DizzyDingo1 New Member

Kerry are far too good at football for their own good. It makes me sick. Give someone else a chance!

16. seanpower863

seanpower863 New Member

hahahaha not all kerrymen are good at football i no the team are but I'm *text deleted**text deleted*ing useless hahaha, so where are all of ye from which part of ireland and what stage are ye at in selection for the marines and do ye think i should ring AFCO about doing that aptitude test again for the marines even do i have passed selection for the british army

17. JMW123

JMW123 New Member

Always good to see lads from the Republic interested in joing the Royal Marine Commandos. I come from Irish stock myself.

Hope all goes well fellas.

18. greenmarine24

greenmarine24 New Member

Any lads from Dublin on this?

19. DizzyDingo1

DizzyDingo1 New Member

No, we're respectable hard working people.:saythat:

20. Pete Meath

Pete Meath New Member

Most of my relations are from Dublin, which part are you from lad?

Hey Sean whats the aptitude test like?