Have you passed the psychometric test? If you have you should have been given a whole bunch of forms to fill out, one of them asks about your hobbys, past times, sports, the schools you attended and so on. This is what the majority of the interview is based around. What he did with me was he brought me into a tiny office and it was just me and him. he introduced himself, told me what he would cover and then he went into it. The things he asked me about were:
1. My family situation: How do you get on with your parents and siblings.
2. He went into my educational and work background: How do you get on with teachers, what was your fav subject, did you represent your school in anything? What jobs did I work at and what was my responsibilities.
3. He talked about the Irish Defence Forces Because im a Corporal in the Artillery Reserve
4. What do you know about the Marines: List their 3 vessels? So your on the ship what 5 ways do you have in getting your troops onto shore? Whats the personal weapon of the RM? What heavy weapons do they have?
5. Hows your training going? What fitness training are you doing? 6.My hobbies. I was in the scouts so he asked me about that. They asked me did i stay away from home before.
7. name the happiest moment in your life? Name the sadiest moment in your life?
They just want to check that your not a mommys boy and you are a team player because the marines do everything together. You are advised to wear a suit and tie. Its a get to know you session but it is formal. They are not their to catch you out.