Hello to all members

caf20012

Reaction score
Greetings all, I'm new to this site and as you can tell i only really joined as i want to be a Royal marines commando like most members if not already. I'm 19 years of age. Currently training at gym for to get my fitness level to basics for entry level and hope to be doing my PRMC 3 day training next year sometime in September. As i wish to apply around then when would be the best time to apply for this to get the tests done?

I just have a few questions as im a :noob: lool, Sorry to say.

Im just curious to these things

Application -
Psychometric tests -
Eyesight Exam -
Security Questionnaire -
Interview -
Medical-
PJFT -
PRMC -
RT -

The ones i am not 100% sure on are what the PJFT is, I heard its a fitness check run on a treadmill But i'm wondering is it 1.5miles in 10minutes or 3.0miles in under 22minutes?

I would be delighted if someone could clear this up. Also the RT? i have no idea and once again sorry for being a noob :doh:

Wondering if the RT is the 32weeks training?

Anyways a big thanks to anyone who replys just to clear up somethings as im really eager like most people who want to be in the RM and just wanted a clear insight.

Nice to be apart of this community. Sorry for the long post

Chris :laugh:

caf20012

Reaction score
Many thanks peter, So would you say i go to AFCO around January next year if i want to do my RT if i pass everything in September?

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
by the time you do your PJFT it will be 1.5 miles in 12.30 at 2% incline then a minuite break then 1.5 miles in 10.30 (around 9.30 is best).

and yes recruit training is 32 weeks long. not including holidays.

and i started my app in january this year, and have my RT date october, but you could probably do it a couple of months faster my afco is slow.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yup, I should be able to get into RT in the new year, had my interview last thursday:wink:

caf20012

Reaction score
Cheers for the comments guys, Right now the only problem i feel i have is my running. Currently doing 1.3miles in 10minutes or so really trying to get that good before i got for the 3miler. Apart from this my upperbody strength is where it needs to be. Just *text deleted* keep running :suspicious:

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
You'll easily get there with a time like that already, you have tim eon your side so dont worry :wink: