Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.
  1. PurpleFox

PurpleFox New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hey there!

Ever since I was young I have always wanted to join the Royal Marines, now being 21 I thought it is time to actually do it. So, this year I have decided to get myself into physical shape ready to apply for next year (hoping a year will be enough time to get ready).

I have had a browse through the forums, and have read some really useful information to get me ready for what is to come. I am going to be following the official RM fitness plan which is on their website :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Morticia

Morticia Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    @PurpleFox good luck in your application process! I hope you achieve your goal :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sly3

Sly3 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    The fitness plan is fantastic for building up just be aware of the weight go with what you are happy with an increase with just enough so it’s hard. But be careful going above what you aren’t comfortable with as you can injure yourself.

A year is more than enough time besides you can crack fitness and get on top of what you need to and apply within that time no need to wait a full year.

Usually takes 3-6 months to join depending on medical suitability but make sure your GP has a detailed record and ask for a copy so you don’t have any delays just in case. Capita are a nightmare for the unaware.