Hello

Outwaltzer

Reaction score
Good evening. We’re currently exploring all options for our lad, who in his final year of school, declared a couple of months ago he doesn’t want to go to uni next year, he’ll be 18. The careers adviser at his school advised not to go to the armed forces as you’ll die!! This forum has been very helpful for us, even if he doesn’t choose a military route, there’s lots of sound advice here. Thank you.

Chelonian

Reaction score
We’re currently exploring all options for our lad, who in his final year of school, declared a couple of months ago he doesn’t want to go to uni next year, he’ll be 18. The careers adviser at his school advised not to go to the armed forces as you’ll die!!

Coincidentally, school careers advisers cropped up in a thread a few moments ago.

I've added you to the Parent & Partner sub-forum so you should now be able to see it. Plenty of information, comment and honest answers to straight questions.

Outwaltzer

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes I read the thread. I despair sometimes what young people are told at school, especially those who are swithering about what to do next in their lives.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Thank you. Yes I read the thread. I despair sometimes what young people are told at school, especially those who are swithering about what to do next in their lives.
Agreed, my Wife was told by her school careers teacher that she should be a nurse. Doubtless the same teacher told Harold Shipman it would be a good idea to become a GP. :)