Hello

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I've been shadowing this site for a couple of months now and I've just submitted my application so thought I would say hello.
I've been trying to join the marines for about 2 years now.
Took me a long time to realise that money isn't important. Money doesn't make you happy, it just helps.
Originally I was going to apply as a RM Officer, but my eyesight was always a concern for me so last year I had laser treatment (LASEK). This meant I had to wait a year before I could submit my application.
The downside to the laser treatment was that I'm 26 going on 27 and missed the final deadline to apply as an officer. I'm not particularly bothered to be honest as I didn't stand much of a chance of becoming an officer, I'd probably be fine on the POC, but I know I would fail the AIB.
The upside to laser treatment is that it's made my life a hell of a lot more enjoyable. Swimming has probably been the best bit. I just didn't like the idea of doing the PRMC/RT wearing glasses. If anyone is considering it, I would take the risk, especially if you are borderline S3/Outside range like i was. It's only 1 year and you can use that time to train.

In that year I've taken the time to learn loads about the Royal Marines, I've kept a keen eye on current affairs and doing as much as possible to strengthen my application. I did a charity trek to Everest Base camp last April which was incredible, reinforced why I would like to be in the marines. Waking up at 3am when it's -10c outside and having to trot out for a dump is a great laugh. :dontaskme:

Anyway I look forward to having a chat with some of you lads.

Cheers

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome, i'm *text deleted* do PRMC/RT with glasses :) Goodluck with your training

Aussie89

Reaction score
Hey mate good to have you on the site

Im hopefully going to be doing PRMC/RT with glasses as well