Hello!

matt2626

Reaction score
Hi there! Just signed up, am going into the military after uni, am starting my final year in september. I will be going in as an officer but have just got to decide whether I will go for the regular army of Royal Marines. I'm a keen rugby union player and my fitness levels are already fairly 'respectable', I have acieved level 16 on bleep test, 63 press ups in a minute, havent tested myself on sit ups recently and I can do about 8 decent pull ups (need to improve a lot on them!).

Have downloaded a metronome and have posted the link to get that already here if you need it:

http://www.prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?p=29794#post29794

Couple of questions already, I am planning to make my final decisin on Army vs. Royal Marines by September-October time, for anyone who is already an officer or who is already in training - If I pass POC and medical and everything, how long is the delay between knowing you have been accepted and actually starting Phase 1 training?

Apologies for the long post!
Cheers

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You will be told if you have passed POC/AIB when you have finshed them, you will know for sure if you have a place in that year's officer batch mid-July, and if successful you would start phase 1 training 1st Sept

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Hi there! Just signed up, am going into the military after uni, am starting my final year in september. I will be going in as an officer but have just got to decide whether I will go for the regular army of Royal Marines. I'm a keen rugby union player and my fitness levels are already fairly 'respectable', I have acieved level 16 on bleep test, 63 press ups in a minute, havent tested myself on sit ups recently and I can do about 8 decent pull ups (need to improve a lot on them!).

Have downloaded a metronome and have posted the link to get that already here if you need it:

http://www.prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?p=29794#post29794

Couple of questions already, I am planning to make my final decisin on Army vs. Royal Marines by September-October time, for anyone who is already an officer or who is already in training - If I pass POC and medical and everything, how long is the delay between knowing you have been accepted and actually starting Phase 1 training?

Apologies for the long post!
Cheers

Army???? Are you a homosexual???? if not the Marines is the best bet

What you studying at uni?

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Army vs Marine :O!!

is that even debatable??

like me saying ant vs big fat sumo wrestler !! :O

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Couple of questions already, I am planning to make my final decisin on Army vs. Royal Marines by September-October time

Could i ask what type of regular army do you mean eg Infantry/Para/Engineer etc..

I am guessing you would choose Para or Marine since they would be the closest to each other in terms of ability.

S

Sotiris

Matt you seem like a fairly fit, driven guy, that's why the Marines are for you.

Sure Sandhurst is tough but if you become a YO in the Marines you can go to bed at night with a smile knowing that you are one of the toughest, best trained son of a bitch on this green earth.

RM

Corporal RM KIA 24/10/2012
Reaction score
Matt you need to make sure you have 5 GCSE's including maths and enlish and 180 ucas points from recognised A levels! as a minimum otherwise you wont get in at all degree or no degree!

matt2626

Reaction score
Army???? Are you a homosexual???? if not the Marines is the best bet

What you studying at uni?

im studying Sport and Exercise Science, its a choice between Paras and Marines mainly

matt2626

Reaction score
Could i ask what type of regular army do you mean eg Infantry/Para/Engineer etc..

I am guessing you would choose Para or Marine since they would be the closest to each other in terms of ability.

Yer its Paras

matt2626

Reaction score
Matt you seem like a fairly fit, driven guy, that's why the Marines are for you.

Sure Sandhurst is tough but if you become a YO in the Marines you can go to bed at night with a smile knowing that you are one of the toughest, best trained son of a bitch on this green earth.

I know exactly what you mean, I do have my own little debate going on in my head of what I could go for, but the attraction to the Marines is huge, can't be ignored!

matt2626

Reaction score
Matt you need to make sure you have 5 GCSE's including maths and enlish and 180 ucas points from recognised A levels! as a minimum otherwise you wont get in at all degree or no degree!

Yer don't worry I have more than enough GCSEs and A-levels to proceed accademically even without the degree

S

Sotiris

Haha Stacka!

Come on, the Paras and Marines are the best of friends!

Hehehe but seriously, one of the guys who trains us with the British Millitary Fitness is ex Para and he's one of the hardest men I think I've ever met...and a friendlier beast there is none!

I have nothing but respect for the Paras.

So Matt, you do have a very tough decision to make indeed..between two of the finest fighting Corps in the world.

But I'm a man of the sea so I'm going Commando :smile1:.

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thank god i found this site, i failed my interview after i passed my phycometric test i think it was my nerves realy but and he gave me 6 months till i have another one, waiting has been so horrible for me because my fitness is good and i no alot more about the marines now aswell, my interview will be in september and i just wanted to no wether someone could tell me how long it takes for them to put you on to your prmc after your medical and pjft and after youve passed your prmc how long does it take for you to join royal marine training ????

p.s what is the best way to improve your pressups and is ther a technique for doing them aswell as keeping your back straight?

cheers lads luke:smile:

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
i just wanted to no wether someone could tell me how long it takes for them to put you on to your prmc after your medical and pjft and after youve passed your prmc how long does it take for you to join royal marine training ????

cheers lads luke:smile:

After your PJFT its pretty much up to you when you go on PRMC. They will tell you the ones that have spaces left and you tell them which one you want depending on your fitness. On average its 4 - 6 weeks.

After PRMC it depends again on available spaces on RT intakes and how soon you *text deleted* join, I think you can post pone it up to 6 months and if you are lucky you could grab one 2 weeks after PRMC

Nerves are hard to get over in an interview like this. Its probably alien to you and it means so much.

Before your next interview, just go through your life story inside out write it all down if it helps. This way you will not be caught out on any questions and you wont have to sit there in an awkward silence thinking.

Think hard about your reasons for joining and your goals, be confident when you tell them.

Marines are very confident so answer with strong yes's and no's.

At the end of my ininterview he said;
“so have you passed?”
and I said “I'd certainly like to think so”
He didnt like that at all! He was looking for a confident “Yes I have sir!”

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
nice 1 mate thats made me feel more confident (y)

sorry for all the posted messages everywere *text deleted* im new to the site haha