Hello

barker22

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just joined up to the forum officially but have been browsing for a while now.
I decided I would start to train to be a royal about 18months ago but seriously underestimated what it would take and subsequently it ended in tears with me not believing that I would ever get the stats needed to pass a PRMC.
However, I could never get the thought of being part of the marines out of my head so I decided to give it another crack. I am definitely on my way.
My stats so far would indicate an 18-20point score on the gym tests so just need to improve some more to guarantee a pass on atleast the gym side of things.

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hows your run time for the 1.5 return?
If you can't do that then you won't even see PRMC.

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hi welcome to the forum. Your looking at it all wrong. You shouldn't just train gym scores because that is boring and you will get depressed and annoyed if you don't see results.

Train your fitness to an overall standard. Get some mileage in your training, get some circuit training in. Also eat properly and be patient.

I have heard that the gym tests on PRMC are the easiest thing to pass(please correct me if wrong). It is the bottom field and endurance course you will need to train for(Although its more mental i have heard).

what it would take and subsequently it ended in tears with me not believing that I would ever get the stats needed to pass a PRMC.
You also need to believe in yourself mate. If you go down half hearted your going to come back broken hearted. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

barker22

Reaction score
Hows your run time for the 1.5 return?
If you can't do that then you won't even see PRMC.
Run time is just under under 10minutes chap, still some work to do but I can hit that every time so it is coming along

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Run time is just under under 10minutes chap, still some work to do but I can hit that every time so it is coming along
Still counts!
Mine was 10.45 like 2 months ago and now I can run 9.05!

barker22

Reaction score
Hi welcome to the forum. Your looking at it all wrong. You shouldn't just train gym scores because that is boring and you will get depressed and annoyed if you don't see results.

Train your fitness to an overall standard. Get some mileage in your training, get some circuit training in. Also eat properly and be patient.

I have heard that the gym tests on PRMC are the easiest thing to pass(please correct me if wrong). It is the bottom field and endurance course you will need to train for(Although its more mental i have heard).

You also need to believe in yourself mate. If you go down half hearted your going to come back broken hearted. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

Yeah thanks for that, I most definitely have a much more focused attitude toward it this time. I plan on starting my application only when I am happy with my overall fitness.
And I know what you're saying with regards to the gym scores but if I know in my mind I can hit a certain number every time then that just reassures me.