Hello

tomo24

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just joined this forum and thought I would say hi. Have just passed my PJFT and waiting for a PRMC hopefully in August

j0b006

Troll
Reaction score
Hi Tomo24.

I must say joining this forum has been invaluable to my fitness preparation for the PJFT. Congrats on having already done it.

tomo24

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Tomo24.

I must say joining this forum has been invaluable to my fitness preparation for the PJFT. Congrats on having already done it.
Yeah there is some good stuff on here. What sort of things you doing for your PJFT preperation?

en7craig

Reaction score
Good advice for those attending a prmc... Go walk like a crab for an hour a week after your hanging out *text deleted*... Trust me it will help

tomo24

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Duck walking round the house is a good laugh aswell

j0b006

Troll
Reaction score
Yeah there is some good stuff on here. What sort of things you doing for your PJFT preperation?
Mate, I've thrown the whole kitchen sink at it... I'm running 13-14miles a week, over 4 sessions, ontop if swimming 3x.

On Monday I do sprints.

Tuesday REST!

Wednesday 3 miles Tempo Hill running to death.

Thursday just swimming(so off)

Friday 6 miles with a couple of fast few mins, in under 55mins... But I'm going for sub 50mins this week.

Saturday 3miles same speed all the way.

Sunday OFF!

By Saturday evening my feet are swollen. By Monday they're ok again.

Every day I warmup for half a mile before I get into it, it's helps apparently, according to a runner I know.

"Sandy"

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
What the hell sandy if he's says he runs it he probably does
Hahaha shut up *text deleted**personal name removed*text deleted**

Last edited by a moderator:

"Sandy"

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Who's *text deleted**personal name removed*text deleted**?
*text deleted**personal name removed*text deleted**? *text deleted**personal name removed*text deleted** who?

Last edited by a moderator:

tomo24

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mate, I've thrown the whole kitchen sink at it... I'm running 13-14miles a week, over 4 sessions, ontop if swimming 3x.

On Monday I do sprints.

Tuesday REST!

Wednesday 3 miles Tempo Hill running to death.

Thursday just swimming(so off)

Friday 6 miles with a couple of fast few mins, in under 55mins... But I'm going for sub 50mins this week.

Saturday 3miles same speed all the way.

Sunday OFF!

By Saturday evening my feet are swollen. By Monday they're ok again.

Every day I warmup for half a mile before I get into it, it's helps apparently, according to a runner I know.
That sounds pretty good mate, do you do any sort of circuit training and upper body work outs?

j0b006

Troll
Reaction score
That sounds pretty good mate, do you do any sort of circuit training and upper body work outs?
After my runs I do a little core circuit with push-ups, but nothing mahout at the minute, my PJFT in two weeks, I'm concentrating solidly on that. Was there anything specific you wanted to ask me or just that? ."}

tomo24

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
After my runs I do a little core circuit with push-ups, but nothing mahout at the minute, my PJFT in two weeks, I'm concentrating solidly on that. Was there anything specific you wanted to ask me or just that? ."}
No was just interested in what everyone else does for phys towards these tests. I would say make sure every week your doing a practise test on the treadmill as is slightly different to running on the roads. In theory its easier on a treadmill but im rubbish on them. How soon you looking to go on PRMC after your PJFT?

j0b006

Troll
Reaction score
No was just interested in what everyone else does for phys towards these tests. I would say make sure every week your doing a practise test on the treadmill as is slightly different to running on the roads. In theory its easier on a treadmill but *text deleted* rubbish on them. How soon you looking to go on PRMC after your PJFT?
Ideally I'd like 2 more months to prepare for PRMC.