Hello

foggers

Reaction score
Thought I would just introduce myself quickly.

Wanted to join the RM for a few years now and been steadily working up my fitness. 19 at the moment and on a gap year before going to university, thanks to missing out by 1 mark (literally! bloody annoying).

Was supposed to do my POC at the beginning of summer but I failed my medical due to saying I had pains in my knees when I ran. Turns out it isn't anything long-term but along with that bloody 1 mark morale was at an all time low for a while. Recently got back into serious phys workouts after having sorted out work and what not. Thankfully found this forum so motivation is going up.

Everything happens for a reason, and I hope these experiences (there have been others when it feels like the world has just taken a dump on you) make me stronger.

Word of advice to any younger people - don't do physics A Level. Or at least don't think "yeah, I'll take my time in this paper". Ruins your life....

PaddyTheManc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thought I would just introduce myself quickly.

Wanted to join the RM for a few years now and been steadily working up my fitness. 19 at the moment and on a gap year before going to university, thanks to missing out by 1 mark (literally! bloody annoying).

Was supposed to do my POC at the beginning of summer but I failed my medical due to saying I had pains in my knees when I ran. Turns out it isn't anything long-term but along with that bloody 1 mark morale was at an all time low for a while. Recently got back into serious phys workouts after having sorted out work and what not. Thankfully found this forum so motivation is going up.

Everything happens for a reason, and I hope these experiences (there have been others when it feels like the world has just taken a dump on you) make me stronger.

Word of advice to any younger people - don't do physics A Level. Or at least don't think "yeah, I'll take my time in this paper". Ruins your life....

Good luck mate hope your injuries dont hamper you.