Help appreciated for new boy!

muzza8

Reaction score
Hi guys,literally just found and signed up to this site and find its pretty awesome!! Im in training for another crack at the marines and any training tips would defo come in handy?
I passes the prmc about 7 years ago when i woz 17 but when it came to going back down for rt i basically shat myself and bottled it,regretted it ever since so its about time i put it right!!

Back whn i woz 17, ihad alot of natural fitness so press ups were a piece of piss....not so much now!!Can do bout 25 marine style at the moment so any tips u lads could give on doubling this would be appreciated?

big oshea

Reaction score
a

awrite same here i am 16 yeers old definatley joining maybe start application in january just trying to get fitter and stronger any advice would be much appericaiated and i was thinkin of joining army what do you think is better for me to join marines or army

muzza8

Reaction score
a

I dont know too much about the army,only ever bn interersted in the marines because,to put it simply,there the best!!*text deleted* had a couple of mates in the army,1 loved it,the other was bored out his face,said nothing ever happened!*text deleted* 3 mates based at arbroath in the marines and they all love...nt sure if that helps at all!

Im giving myself a much shorter time scale to get fit,hopefully 2 months!Figured 2 months of 'extra phys' myself will det me in shape for the prmc,mite take longer tho!!

Babybell

Reaction score
Im in a simliar situation to you Muzza (giving my self a short time, round 4/5 months to get fit). Except I have never been fit in my life! I think even if you start up the joining process now you should be able to give yourself a little longer to get in shape for the PRMC.

From what I have read here, its more the running and CV parts where people have failed/struggled on.

For the press ups though, I think its just a case of just keeping on doing them!

yowie

Reaction score
Hey there Im new here. Im from Australia and im wondering How long does the selection process take? *text deleted* you *text deleted* go to the UK for that time eh? It would help heaps if someone could let me know. Thanks heaps

sooty795

Reaction score
hey all

welcome to the site, there are loads of threads in the training section on pressup / pull ups/ sit ups etc and lots of helpful stuff on diet and cv work.