Help for first interview!

S

Sotiris

Sorry lads, I know this kind of question has been asked before and I probably already know the answers. However, the nerves are starting to kick in.

My first meeting with the careers office is tomorrow.

What last minute prep can I be doing now? What are the most important things for tomorrow?

Any help would be much appreciated.

S

Sotiris

No luck there as well...and just to stop you there, I don't drink either :worried:.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry lads, I know this kind of question has been asked before and I probably already know the answers. However, the nerves are starting to kick in.

My first meeting with the careers office is tomorrow.

What last minute prep can I be doing now? What are the most important things for tomorrow?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Right first off this numpty talking about drugs and such is a nutter ignore him.

1. Take any documentation that is requested or that you did not take with you for your psychometric

2. Read through these two threads:
http://www.prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3317
http://www.prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=151

3. Although i have not heard anyone say they have waited long for an interview take a bottle of water, a snack bar and a book/something to read just in case (better safe than bored and hungry)

4.Really think about the questions you will be asked and be truthful.

5.If you don't know the answer to a question or how to answer it don't waffle on with nonsense the man/woman giving you the interview will suss you out in no time.

6. Relax as much as you can for it, i know it can be a little stressful before you go in for it but just be calm...the man/woman aint *text deleted* attack you or be mean to you far as i know ;)

Best of luck tomorrow!

Chris

Edit: spelling was awful

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Right first off this numpty talking about drugs and such is a nutter ignore him.

Spot-on Chris the loony is no more (again). Sad to say we go through occasional visitations from idiots that have no intention of joining but try to stimulate conversation by seeking responses. Simply PM Greywing, any mod or me & they will be gone pdq.

In answer to the initial post, before you were rudely interrupted - if your first visit to the AFCO is simply to establish contact, attend a presentation or ask for application forms, then for goodness sake relax- that's what they're there for. They are certainly not going to make any judgement on you at this stage.

If you've taken the recruiting test & are attending for selection interview you will be fully briefed beforehand.

Relax, you ask the questions & listen to the answers on the first visit - hope all goes well.

S

Sotiris

Yea he was a fool, I didn't want to start anything foolish by responding in kind.

Yea it's first contact so ok, I shall take a huge chill pill. Still there are lots of nerves :eek:! It's been a long time coming and now I'm finally starting with this whole thing.

Either way, thanks alot for everyone's help!