Help for joining from Australia in 2022

Night Fighter

Reaction score
Hello again lads, after much thought I have decided to take the commando route instead of officer. I moved to Australia in 2015 from England and want to start PRMC in early 2022 if possible. I have registered my interest on the Royal Navy website and was wondering if you can choose when to join. Also, I am wondering what things like the interview and medical checks are going to be like overseas.

Can I do the interview, medical, and PJFT in Australia or not? Would I have to go back to England this year to do them or in 2022?

Any help or advice would be great, thanks.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hello again lads, after much thought I have decided to take the commando route instead of officer. I moved to Australia in 2015 from England and want to start PRMC in early 2022 if possible. I have registered my interest on the Royal Navy website and was wondering if you can choose when to join. Also, I am wondering what things like the interview and medical checks are going to be like overseas.

Can I do the interview, medical, and PJFT in Australia or not? Would I have to go back to England this year to do them or in 2022?

Any help or advice would be great, thanks.
As you are probably aware, British/Irish passport holders resident overseas can be processed, in part, whilst overseas depending on academic qualifications achieved.

As we stand, there have been many changes to the recruiting process this last year which have enabled many selection elements to be completed remotely however the medical examination is still face to face (and valid 12 months, I understand).

The prmc, at this time, no longer exists and has instead been replaced by a 4 week recruit orientation phasr (ROP) at the Comnando Training Centre, culminating in a physical assessment. If succesffuly completed, Recruit Training commences immediately.

albert13C

Reaction score
As you are probably aware, British/Irish passport holders resident overseas can be processed, in part, whilst overseas depending on academic qualifications achieved.

Any additional requirements to foreigners?