Help joining the Royal Marines Cop

Hoppersk

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My name is Sheku Armani Koroma, Am 24 years old from Sierra Leone, West Africa. Am on the process of joining the Royal Marines but during the process of receiving the application, the London AFCO said I need someone from the Army that will serve as a representative for me, because the office didn?t get any representative here in my country. So for that, my process has been pending until I get a representative. And I didn?t know anyone in the army that I will ask to be my representative. Please guys I want anyone of you to help me go through this, as I want to join the Royal Marines all my life. Please guys I need your help!!

Regards
Sheku

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hi Sheku, welcome to the site.

As you'll be aware, you need 5 years UK residency to join the Corps as a Commonwealth citizen. Assuming you do not actually know a serving member of the UK Armed Forces who can act as a sponsor for a residency waiver, the only alternative is to move to UK first, as many have done in the past.

Best of luck in your aspiration,

Hoppersk

Reaction score
Thank you very much (Ninja Stoker). Am working on that. So any other advice about joining?

Fenwick

Reaction score
As you'll be aware, you need 5 years UK residency to join the Corps as a Commonwealth citizen..

I am a canadian citizen and I was told that because I was commonwealth I did not need to meet the residency requirement. I am confused now.

Mike

AdinV

Reaction score
I am Confused too i really wish to join them :redface:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I am a canadian citizen and I was told that because I was commonwealth I did not need to meet the residency requirement. I am confused now.

Mike

Again, there are certain circumstances as advised by the overseas desk at London AFCO relevant to the country of residence with regard eligibility criteria.

In some circumstances, depending on the diplomatic relations between UK & the relevant Commonwealth country, residency waivers may be considered after differing timescales.

Rather than assume that the worst case scenario applies to yourself - simply gain the correct definitive guidance from the overseas desk at London AFCO which is pertinent to the individual rather than the list of differing alternative countries below: nr-london-ca3g@rncareers.mod.uk

Antigua and Barbuda
Australia (see Note 1)
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belize
Botswana
British Territories (see Note 2)
Brunei
Cameroon
Canada
Cyprus
Darussalam
Dominica
Fiji
Ghana
Grenada
Guyana
India
Jamaica
Kenya
Kiribati
Lesotho
Malawi
Malaysia
Maldives
Malta
Mauritius
Mozambique
Namibia
Nauru
New Zealand (see Note 3)
Nigeria
Pakistan
Papua New Guinea
Samoa
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Singapore
Solomon Islands
South Africa
Sri Lanka
St Kitts and Nevis
St Vincent & the Grenadines
Swaziland
Tanzania
The Bahamas
The Gambia
Tonga
Trinidad and Tobago
Tuvalu
Uganda
United Kingdom
Vanatu
Zambia
Zimbabwe

Notes:

1. External territories: Norfolk Island, Coral Sea Islands Territory, Australian Antarctic Territory, Heard Island & McDonald Islands, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Christmas Island,
Territory of Ashmore & Cartier Islands.

2. British Dependent Territories: Anguilla, Bermuda, British Antarctic Territory, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar,
Montserrat, Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie & Oeno Islands, St Helena and St Helena Dependencies (Ascension & Tristan da Cunha), South Georgia & the South Sandwich Islands,Turks and Caicos Islands.

3. Includes the territories of Tokelau & the Ross Dependency (Antarctic). Self-governing countries in free association with New Zealand; Cook Islands and Niue.

jiga

Reaction score
ninja

Again, there are certain circumstances as advised by the overseas desk at London AFCO relevant to the country of residence with regard eligibility criteria.

In some circumstances, depending on the diplomatic relations between UK & the relevant Commonwealth country, residency waivers may be considered after differing timescales.

Rather than assume that the worst case scenario applies to yourself - simply gain the correct definitive guidance from the overseas desk at London AFCO which is pertinent to the individual rather than the list of differing alternative countries below: nr-london-ca3g@rncareers.mod.uk

Antigua and Barbuda
Australia (see Note 1)
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belize
Botswana
British Territories (see Note 2)
Brunei
Cameroon
Canada
Cyprus
Darussalam
Dominica
Fiji
Ghana
Grenada
Guyana
India
Jamaica
Kenya
Kiribati
Lesotho
Malawi
Malaysia
Maldives
Malta
Mauritius
Mozambique
Namibia
Nauru
New Zealand (see Note 3)
Nigeria
Pakistan
Papua New Guinea
Samoa
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Singapore
Solomon Islands
South Africa
Sri Lanka
St Kitts and Nevis
St Vincent & the Grenadines
Swaziland
Tanzania
The Bahamas
The Gambia
Tonga
Trinidad and Tobago
Tuvalu
Uganda
United Kingdom
Vanatu
Zambia
Zimbabwe

Notes:

1. External territories: Norfolk Island, Coral Sea Islands Territory, Australian Antarctic Territory, Heard Island & McDonald Islands, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Christmas Island,
Territory of Ashmore & Cartier Islands.

2. British Dependent Territories: Anguilla, Bermuda, British Antarctic Territory, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar,
Montserrat, Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie & Oeno Islands, St Helena and St Helena Dependencies (Ascension & Tristan da Cunha), South Georgia & the South Sandwich Islands,Turks and Caicos Islands.

3. Includes the territories of Tokelau & the Ross Dependency (Antarctic). Self-governing countries in free association with New Zealand; Cook Islands and Niue.

HEY DUDE *text deleted** ABOUT ST.LUCIA ???arent they alloed to join as well