Help me, i may not be able to join!

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone. when i was younger about 4 i used to have asthma, it has gone now as i have never been doctors about it since i was 4. When i come back from run i am weasy, do you think this is beacuse i may still have asthma? My life is *text deleted**text deleted*ed if i cant get in, theres nothing else i want. also i keep tasteing blood in my throat, what could this be. Plz let me get in, plz :(

Many Thanks,
Luke

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted**text deleted*ing hell man blood doesn't sound gd whats your doctor say?

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
People just say its because im training to hard, i would rather wait for AFCO doctor as then it will not be on medical history, my mum says it might be im training 2 hard.

Simmoinshoes

Reaction score
The tasting blood sounds a little worring, but the asthma should not be a problem. How log have you been training? When I first started training I was weasy when I'd finished, but after a few weeks it went away. I've brought a Peak Flow Meter and I keep writing down the results to back myself up when I have my medical.

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
When I train hard I don't taste blood. I'm sure once I've tasted blood before but that must have been years ago.. is it due to astma?

There are some knowledgable people on this site - http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/

Register with yahoo, or if you've already got an account then just log in and ask your question. Honestly they help a lot.

Boataimer

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
im almost cetain getting the taste of blood in your mouth is a sign youve had a hard runabout. I used to get it alot years back when i was younger either playing football or hanging out after a 'extra phys' at air cadets. think i remeber someone telling me it was a sign that youve exerted yourself big time. something about the amount of iron gets increased in your saliva and thats what you can taste, its not actually blood. alot of runners get it.

its massively common mate i wouldnt worry

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
im almost cetain getting the taste of blood in your mouth is a sign youve had a hard runabout. I used to get it alot years back when i was younger either playing football or hanging out after a 'extra phys' at air cadets. think i remeber someone telling me it was a sign that youve exerted yourself big time. something about the amount of iron gets increased in your saliva and thats what you can taste, its not actually blood. alot of runners get it.

its massively common mate i wouldnt worry

Yeah but *text deleted* i can taste blood now, i last run on tuesday and had a rest yesterday, i have a cold at the moment, im really scared, the as much scared but worried about the dream i may loss at on.

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
The tasting blood sounds a little worring, but the asthma should not be a problem. How log have you been training? When I first started training I was weasy when I'd finished, but after a few weeks it went away. I've brought a Peak Flow Meter and I keep writing down the results to back myself up when I have my medical.

Hey mate, how much are them peak flow things and were can i get one from?

Many thanks,
Luke

Simmoinshoes

Reaction score
They cost about £10 and you should be able to get one from any pharmacy.

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Dude it's not blood its phlegm, I get it too. Just carry on with your running and do a lot of swimming, including swimming as far as you can underwater. This will slowly strengthenyour lungs and get rid of the problem. Also try antihistamines, they helped me a lot.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I taste blood in my mouth when I run fast or a long distance, then when i stop it goes away.

Dont know what it is though, its disgusting *text deleted*.

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
To original poster sounds to me like your cold is the cause or maybe you have a chest infection.
I do not think it is uncommon to get the taste of blood in your mouth even if it isnt either of the above, like many have posted i too do sometimes get the taste in my mouth.

S

Sotiris

If you wheeze after every run then you have asthma. Or something isn't right. I used to be an asthmatic. My GP is monitoring me now over a month or so. Recording my results day and night on the peak flow chart. According to him I no longer show any sings of being an asthmatic (he can't actually make the statement that I am or am not asthmatic, he can only comment on the results). He'll write this down, sign and stamp it. The only reason I'm doing this with my GP is that if you leave it to your medical they'll tell you to do the same thing. And that will postpone everything. Also, Navy medics are extremely hard, if not impossible to negotiate with. At least with my GP you can deal with it on a human level rather then having to wait 3 weeks for a letter. The only thing the doctors in the Navy will accept is a signed document. Your begging and pleading wont change a damn thing.

If the problem with tasting blood is serious, get it checked out properly. If it turns out to be nothing you're fine, if it is something and you do make to it training it will only escalate and get you in a hell of a lot of trouble.

Go to your GP, explain your ambition, most likely he/she may have even done a stint as an examiner for the Navy before (mine has). At this point you are far more likely to get a sympathizer or at least someone who cares a little. If your problems come out with the Navy doctors it will take you ages and you'll not ever get any flexibility.

In conclusion, GO TO YOUR GP and sort out your asthma and your weird blood in throat problem.

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I think im ok with asthma, fingers crossed. I just found a website that answered my questions. I could of been weasy as i have a cold, thats what it says on the site. Also i used to be allergic to cats because of asthma but now im not, as i have 2 cats now. With the blood taste it seems like most of you get that, so that should be ok. when it gets near the time when i have a medical i will get my doctor to write a letter saying i dont have asthma no more, fingers crossed. Everyone who is worried about asthma have a look at this site, it does help. Also thanks for all your comments.

http://www.asthma.ca

Many Thanks,
Luke

ben25

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
mate im a personnal trainer and i see this all the time , myself included

its just a sign that u have beasted ya self past the normal point , its the air going down your throat in and out so quickly as u are breathing hard making your body increse the blood flow to your throat , personnaly i would say it more of an iron teste ive never actuially seen any blood , even if i havecoughed hard after

if u see blood thats a different story

try and breath through your nose more this sometimes helps

cheers Ben