Help Me!!

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Guys!..

Wondering if any of you guys can help me find a Bivi Tent!, Im after a 1 - 2 Man tent which is easily going to fit in my ruck sake, Has to be waterproof and lightweight!.. Planning a massive hike around the lake district soonish and just buying some kit for the trip now, Going to be doing the trip over a duration of about 3 - 4 days.

Found this one below which im pretty keen on so far!.
http://www.surplusandadventure.com/shopscr2108622.html

Any other ideas??..

Sam

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
That looks the dogs gonads, a bit pricey though. It really depends what sort of thing you are looking for.

You can't get much smaller, lightweight and versatile than the issue bivvi but again its pricey considering you get one for free in the Royal Marines. (http://www.surplusandadventure.com/shop/survival-emergency/british-dpm-camouflage-army-321155.html)

My local tesco even sells two man tents for less than £20 which could be ideal if you want something cheap enough to use and throw away.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Cheer guys a good selection to take into account there, Think Ninjas one looked the best to be honest!.. :laugh:.. The which campbell posted up is that got a flooring or not??.. Not that im arsed just wondering, Something like that would do the job to be honest, Im after something fairly cheap but will be nice and light and keep me waterproof!..

Sam

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
There is no flooring, its pretty much just a sheet but provides a good two man shelter that is very small and light weight and even doubles up as a stretcher.

The link R. M. Pitt posted has it even cheaper but most surplus types places should sell them.

J

Jason_A

I'm also looking for one -- training for the marines!

Out of curiosity, do you lot go in groups, or do you sometimes go alone?

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I'm also looking for one -- training for the marines!

Out of curiosity, do you lot go in groups, or do you sometimes go alone?

Hello mate,

I Have been on 4 treks which i actually did all alone!, Yes im very sad aint i! :laugh: Na its actually nice going on your own, Just nice and peaceful and nothing to worry about, But as you have seen the thread we are all going to get on a group one soonish which your more than welcome to join us all!, But yeah i sometimes go on my own and just make my own shelter etc.. Ill send you some photos over bebo sometime mate.

Sam

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Done two night on my own before mate, Well me and my beers should i say!! :laugh: Soon fell asleap them nights!..

Sam

J

Jason_A

Longest I've done on my own is three nights. Carried light! Second night I found myself sitting on top of an hill freezing my tits off. They are great tho'; no-one there to bother you -- can't wait for the marines! :)

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Longest I've done on my own is three nights. Carried light! Second night I found myself sitting on top of an hill freezing my tits off. They are great tho'; no-one there to bother you -- can't wait for the marines! :)

Yeah i had some mad times when i was on my own too, Met this chap on the summit of Fairfield horseshoe at 11pm could both just about see where we were going!.. It was mad!.. I Bloody shat myself at first i was like what the heck is this coming towards me with a little light!.. Some mad murderer!.. :laugh: .. In the top of this mountain which took me about 4 hours to get onto!..

Ended up pitching my tent on the summit at 11:30pm could just about see what i was doing with the help of my little mobile phone light!, wasn't the best idea pitching on an exposed summit! as i got woken up at 3am in the morning with the rain hammering down on my tent and gusts of 50mph+ was *text deleted* frozen!.. What an experience!.. My puffer jacket saved me! :kult:

Sam

New Threads