Help me!

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
right i'm currently training to do the pjft and i go running on a morning.
the thing is once i get to the end of the run i get a stitch in the same place and same time!
i warm up for at least 20 mins before hand, stretch loads and i always seem to get a stitch.

at the end of the run i was thinking of maybe postponing the application for the marines until i'm 18 and maybe do this apprenticeship i have applied for instead.

can anyone give some advice on what i should do!?!?!

cheers
chris92

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
don't eat before running check what exercises you're using for a warm up, make sure you warm up your torso, do some core exercises to strengthen your core muscles and if it persists see doctor. that being said if your PJFT takes 20 mins i'd wait a while... *text deleted*

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i don't eat or anything i wait for 30 mins before i go out!
i follow the excercises that are in the prmc booklet and do some of my own
the pjft doesn't take 20 mins it takes me 10 mins 15
i warm up for 20 mins

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
on top of the not eating stuff.. you might want to make sure your hydrated. to the point where it seems as though you need the toilet every 5 minutes and your urine is clear and not yellow or any other weird and wounderful colour.

i found that when on a long distance run if i get a stitch i just take a few sips of water and a few mins later the stitch is gone

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i wait for 30 mins before i go out!...the pjft doesn't take 20 mins it takes me 10 mins
exactly my point, but moving on you shouldn't eat for an hour before running or if you do only eat lightly, it sounds as ZZ said you may not be hydrated, or you need to strengthen your core muscles (lifting the legs of the floor to your chest etc- those are the core exercise groups) failing that i'd see a Dr

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i'll give it a try and see what heppens

cheers for the advice fellas
tis appreciated!!