Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Help Needed

Discussion in 'Training Plans and Diet Suggestions' started by J18, May 11, 2019.

1. john smith

john smith New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    where can i find this?

2. ALDL9RM

ALDL9RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    on the 'Get Fit To Join' section of the Royal Marines Careers site.

3. Grimey Arches

Grimey Arches Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    And Diet, depending in what you put in to your body will determine what you'll get out of it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Grimey Arches

Grimey Arches Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Here is my not so wise advice, leave it or take it.

Make a routine and stick to it, motivation is what gets your started but habit keeps you going, don't let any distractions/excuses stop you from training. And don't let a bit of wind or rain stop you running or working out outside, it all helps in the end.

Be aware of what you're eating and how much, and when you're eating as well. You'll thank yourself now and guys on your PRMC will later, I use a protein supplement but that's my own personal choice to help with recovery but I still eat a healthy varied diet. There's in no point consuming 3500 calories if your body maintenance is 2200 and with exercises burning 600-800, that leaves a surplus of 500-700 calories.

Try and keep it simple but varied, no one wants to do a 90 minutes circuit session where they aren't actually capable of doing a 60 minute session. Ditch the weights and stick to body weight exercises as suggested and when you do progress invest in a weighted vest. Also don't be to proud to start of with low reps, if 20 is your max start at 10, then as a week goes by up it by 2 and rinse and repeat.

Don't be to eager to be like everybody else, it takes time, sweat and blister to be a racing snake who is doing sub 9 minute 1.5 miles and 8 milers.

From what I've read it seems to me you need to cut weight and increase your cardio and body weight sessions, and build your running mileage up slowly.

• Like Like x 1