help please

fremyjay

Reaction score
I have been to interview for the marines and everything went well apart from i suffered from athsma when i was a child up until i was around 15-16. i have never had any symptoms since then but was prescribed an inhaler a few months ago when i had a chest infection but i never picked it up or ever used one. i was told to get a note from my doctor stating this and to try and get prooof i never picked it up, they said they have had similar cases and its been ok but i am really worried as i dont want to be barred from applying as this is what i really want to do. any advice would be great thanks =]

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The advice you've already been given appears correct.

Those attending a GP surgery with the signs or symptoms of asthma will invariable be given an inhaler. The difficulty is trying to claim it wasn't symptomatic of asthma & trying to get a GP to admit they have misdiagnosed the condition & administered incorrect treatment.

Unfortunately it's very difficult to retrospectively claim the condition didn't display the symptoms of asthma if the individual has a previous history of asthma (particularly if still present as late as the age of 16) and accepted the prescription at the time by way of treatment. The only way of proving you didn't use an inhaler is by producing the unused prescription.

Best of luck.

fremyjay

Reaction score
thanks for info, im 24 now so havent ever used an inhaler for 8 years with no symptoms of athsma. hopefully they will look as that as a positive