help please!!

Mad Manc Matt

Reaction score
Alrite Lads,

Im having problems at the moment CV Training, the problem is im away on ship and both running machines are broke and running round the upper deck isnt the great on your knees and shins........any suggestions on what i could do, i've got 37 days before i get home than 6 weeks off, im reasonably fit now but do you think ill have time if my Prmc is in Feb?

cheers

Matt
your only has strong as your weakest man

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
im not sure waht you could to be honest mate..but i know im only young (17) but i was able to manage to get my 3 mile running score in about a 3 weeks to 19 mins so it can be done and i was out of shape i could most proberly do 3 miles in 30 mins roughly before so im sure youll be fine dig deep and youll do it good luck

Wintle

Reaction score
Good effort on the run times plummy, how often do you run?

To the original thread, maybe try a different exercise, eg is there a cycle machine or anything? good luck in any case fella.

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i run 5 times a week mate so i think thats why it improved pretty sharpish *text deleted* :*text deleted*: but i couldnt even really do 3 miles i just wasent going to do anything lower then 3, gave me a big confidence boost tho :D

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi

Perhaps you could use a step or a stool or something along those lines and do step ups step downs. When I first started my fitness I did them in the house whilst watching TV.

If you do them at a fair pace you can get a good sweat on and get your heart and lungs working well. I started off doing it for 10mins then worked my way up to eventually doing it for an hour.

The only draw back is its incredibly boring though sometimes its theraputic just you and your thoughts.

I dont know ships at all so thats all I can think that you can do I really do recomend you giving it a try though. I know your reasonably fit already so perhaps you could spice it up and hold dumbells or a weighted back pack.

The other thing to do is perhaps ask Ninja_Stoker since he knows ships probably better than any of us excluding yourself of course he may know of some other exercise that can be done on a ship.

Best of luck mate, if all else fails atleast you have 6weeks off to hopefully bust your ass getting fitter.

Wintle

Reaction score
Good stuff, I have been thinking of upping mine from 3 a week to 6 a week (do one in the morn then a slower version in the evening) you reckon that will be too much? Im so sick of bloody injuring myself *text deleted*.

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i would say 5 times a week is enough mate and just do 5 tima a week in the mroning then a workout in the evening

State of Mind

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
6 weeks is plenty enuf mate as long as *text deleted* willing to get out there and do it instead of goin ashore wid ya pals *text deleted*

shud b doing at least 3-5miles no less than 3 times a week!

remember its all progreesion so *text deleted* beat yaself up bout it first off...not even any point in timing yaself to start wid then jus see it as motivating yaself to run that lil faster and longer!

Whack the ipod in and away ya go bud

SoM

Josh

Reaction score
dude when i first started training i could barly run 2mile but nw im runing 3mile in 16min 4seconds. :twisted:

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Josh said:
dude when i first started training i could barly run 2mile but nw im runing 3mile in 16min 4seconds. :twisted:
Now in my eyes that it is a bloody quick time, not bad

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Your telling me your doing 5.3minite miles then? I think you should drop the marines and apply for the 2012 team. :*text deleted*:

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Your telling me your doing 5.3minite miles then? I think you should drop the marines and apply for the 2012 team.
*text deleted* have you not heard this site is where theyre picking the worlds elite athletes now!

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think they should change the name. "PRMC/Worlds Elite Athletes recruiting agency" :*text deleted*: :*text deleted*:

Josh

Reaction score
5.3 miling is nothing i know a 15 year old girl who can do miling in 4.8min thts fast :twisted:

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
How can you run a mile in 4.8 ?. What's 4.8 ?. Only 60 seconds in a minute mate *text deleted*.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Josh said:
Very impressive, nice one.

From your times, you should manage the 1.5 mile run-back on the 3 mile run in around 8 mins 12 secs- a full 1 min 45+ secs ahead of the ideal target time which should be around the 10 minute mark. (Pass/fail is 10 mins 30secs on the run-back). If your distances are correctly measured, you are certainly above average, but you should remember to layer your exercises & make sure you perform equally as well in close-arm press-ups & back-handed pull-ups(thumbs out) - this is often the weaker area for the younger applicant.

Good luck.

Josh

Reaction score
I do layer my work outs 1 day i will run and do push ups and sit ups then chin ups (hands away) the next day i will swim and do push ups and sit ups then chin ups (hands away) and i have bin doing this for about 6 months.

It does help that my dad was in the marines and mum in the air force so i got a lot of support.