help pls

imgunnabe

Reaction score
hi ive got my interview nxt tuesday an im stuck on a few questions

when and where was the royal marine first used in a helicoptor raid??

in detail describe the corps badge???

and how many victorian crosses have been awarded to royal marines and name them???

pls pls pls help me :praise:

maophia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hello mate!

the Victoria cross and corps badge can all be found on either wikipedia or thru searching History and Knowledge forums, (third page a post by "Jake").

As for you first question I don't have a clue mate ninja might be able to help you on that one.

Wouldn't want to take the fun away by just giving you the answers!

All the best with your interview!

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
The cap badge:

The Lion and Crown denotes a 'Royal' regiment. George III conferred this honour in 1802 'in consideration of the very meritorious services of the Marines in the late war'.
'The Great Globe' itself surrounded by laurels was chosen by George *text deleted* as a symbol of the Marines' successes in every quarter of the world. The laurels are believed to honour the gallantry they displayed during the capture of Belle Isle in 1761.
'Gibraltar' represents the capture and defence of that territory in 1704. It was considered by George *text deleted* to be one of the most glorious achievements of the Royal Marines and he decided that the words should represent the honours they had earned.
The 'Fouled Anchor', incorporated into the emblem in 1747, is the badge of the Lord High Admiral and shows that the Corps is part of the Royal Navy.
'Per Mare Per Terram', 'By Sea By Land' the motto, of the Royal Marines, is believed to have been used for the first time in 1785.

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
The first helicopter assault involving Royal Marines (the world's first too) was in the Suez, 1956 by 45 Commando.

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've got my interview on the 2nd, have alook in the stickys section there alot of gd stuff about questions etc from ninja. Also has some hyperlinks to show more depth on the aspects you dont fully know.

:bud: