Help *text deleted*

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Irons91, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Irons91

Irons91 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hello everyone , so I’ve decided to go RM after a long think about things regarding my circumstances (my other posts). It’s what’s in my heart and I do feel that if I don’t go for it and just choose the officer route in the army (for the money) I will regret it later in life as after all you can’t take it with you!. I have a long way to go as I’m currently not fit enough, is there anyone else on here that’s in the same boat? I.e around my age, got a young family and need to work on there fitness? If so any advice to training tips or just general info on why your joining would be good to hear :)
    Cheers

2. Something Original

Something Original New Member

I've only got a Fiance, and no children, but I'm similarly aged and position with my fitness. What your levels like at the minute? Posting where you stand, posting your goal, and then your milestones to achieve between those, while continuing to put one foot in front of the other will gradually get you there.

Welcome, by the way, definitely found the forum to be more helpful in maintaining my motivation. If you're overweight (<25 BMI), focus on losing the weight first, you'll be in better shape in general, and find the bodyweight exercise and running easier. Ditch muscle mass building exercises. Op massive can start after pass out.