Help with regime...

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been training about a month now. Just been doing runs, push ups etc. nothing major.

I want to start a proper schedule, with circuits etc but would like you guys to check this one over for me.

Firstly, as well as the stuff below. For the last 2 years I've been cycling to and from school (15 miles a day) and will carry this on through my training until I start RT. Also, seeing as I bike into/from school everyday, I'm not doing anything in the morning because; 1. I would be dead once I got to school. 2. I would stink of O more than I do already *text deleted*.

Monday: Afternoon - 3 mile run (subject to increase later)
Eve. - Circuit (as per RM website, again numbers will increase)

Tuesday: (same as monday)

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Afternoon - 2 mile with sprint intervals
Eve. - Circuit

Friday: (same as monday)

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: Swimming (unsure of lengths) with 2 x 8 mile cycle to and from.

Also, all of you who do the sprint intervals. How many times and for how long should I be sprinting during the 2 miles?

Ross.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I did some sprint type intervalt hings today.

30 seconds hard, 90 seconds slow job, 30 hard, 75 slow, 30 hard 60 slow, 30 hard. 45 slow, 30 hard, 30 slow, 30 hard, 15 slow, 30 hard. 3 minute rest and repeated twice more, so three times in total.

If you do this and find it to easy, do the sprints faster, not the slow jogs. HTH

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
that seems pretty good for cardio, would personally have hill reps insted on interval but im not you and your not me *text deleted*, but still you might want to add one or 2 more circuit training days in there, i find working on a 8 day week instead of a 7 works fairly well.
for example you do two days of exercise then one rest day then two more days and a rest ect, and i do circuit training about 4 to 5 times in 8 days. but for a 7 day week your circuit training is ok