Help with Training Plan

sjuggins

Reaction score
Guys,

Just wondered if you could throw a bit more light on my current training plan to see if you think it's ok?

Currently I do the following :-

Sunday:
6 Mile Run (Easy Pace)
Pullups (sets of 2 or 3) throughout the day

Monday:
No CV
3 x 30 Pushups
3 x 40 Situps
Pullups (sets of 2 or 3) throughout the day (apart from when I'm at work)

Tuesday:

4.5 Mile Run (Quick pace, for me)

Wednesday:
RMR Det @ Cambridge

Thursday:
No CV (due to RMR night before)
3 x 30 Pushups
3 x 40 Situps

Friday:
4.5 Mile Run (Quick pace, for me)

Saturday:
Same as Monday & Thursday

The plan is to increase the reps for the pushups and situps by 5 every 2 weeks and, for the pullups by 1 every week.
I was also thinking about going on the stationary bike at home for 45 mins on my non-CV days but not sure if this is over doing it?

Thanks in advance,
Stu.

sjuggins

Reaction score
Anybody? Would just appreciate some honest feedback, if you thinks it's naff please let me know.

Cheers :D

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Whilst not qualified as an instructor, if your regime has been in place from the begining of October, then you should be progressing well at Cambridge RMR Det.

What I would suggest is that you try to get at least one swim in per week as a good non-impact CV workout. Additionally, an alternate daily cycle (commute?) is another good non-impact CV exercise.

Try to layer your exercises- ie, after your run, bang-out 3 X 10 press-ups & 2-3 pull-ups. Similarly after your swim, if practicable, do your sit-ups.

Try to time the first 3 miles of your 4.5-ers, completing them in under 22 mins 30 secs- push out the distance gradually at the same pace.

Good luck.

sjuggins

Reaction score
Hi Ninja, thanks for the feedback and your thoughts. This is the training programme I've been using since mid-October that I developed myself. The PTI at Cambridge hasn't been there (when I've attended) so I haven't run it past him yet.

Thanks for all of your suggestions, I'll certainly add the pushups and try to go for a swim once a week. I'm always trying to increase the speed of my runs, but I'll try and get the first 3 miles done quicker.

Thanks again.
Stu.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I'd also turn your sit ups & press up's that you do into a body weight circuits as well mate, i.e including burpees, squats, lunges, alt knee to elbow sit ups etc.