help with workout

user12345

Reaction score
quick question i have seen this workout online but i want others opinion on it.

alternative days doing endo set one day then the next day run.

the endo set is 200 burpees 200 pushups 200 situps

whilst doing this also adding activities on days like swimming or cycling or weights any feedback would be great.

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
quick question i have seen this workout online but i want others opinion on it.

alternative days doing endo set one day then the next day run.

the endo set is 200 burpees 200 pushups 200 situps

whilst doing this also adding activities on days like swimming or cycling or weights any feedback would be great.

In all honest mate I’d just keep doing what your doing as from your previous posts your workouts seem to be similar to this one.
I wouldn’t worry about adding in other things if your already doing a fair amount as you’ll either injure yourself or burn yourself out.

I would use swimming now and again on recovery days from running just to give your joints a rest but I wouldn’t go bashing the weights around if your doing the amount of bodyweight exercises your posting as your not going to be giving your body a chance to recover and will end up just burning yourself out.

user12345

Reaction score
In all honest mate I’d just keep doing what your doing as from your previous posts your workouts seem to be similar to this one.
I wouldn’t worry about adding in other things if your already doing a fair amount as you’ll either injure yourself or burn yourself out.

I would use swimming now and again on recovery days from running just to give your joints a rest but I wouldn’t go bashing the weights around if your doing the amount of bodyweight exercises your posting as your not going to be giving your body a chance to recover and will end up just burning yourself out.
thanks mate iam generally thankful for your help these past few weeks on here.

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
thanks mate iam generally thankful for your help these past few weeks on here.

That’s no worries mate everyone is different with what their workouts are what might be look easy to you to others might come across like your doing way to much so jut listen to your body.
What your doing seems to be working great for you as your stats show so just stick with what your doing.
No point doing to much as you will just eventually hurt yourself.

Have you applied yet or?

PopStop

Reaction score
Hi lads, got my intake in one month, has any one got a training plan for 5 weeks ? Would really mean a lot thank you

user12345

Reaction score
Hi lads was wondering if anyone has any alternatives to carrying someone around and dragging them about as suggested by someone to prepare for this.I was thinking just walking with weight?

Murk

Reaction score
Hi lads was wondering if anyone has any alternatives to carrying someone around and dragging them about as suggested by someone to prepare for this.I was thinking just walking with weight?
I would think squats, deadlifts and farmers walks would help. There's no replicating carrying someone without carrying someone *text deleted* but a lot of core and lower back strength is used

user12345

Reaction score
I would think squats, deadlifts and farmers walks would help. There's no replicating carrying someone without carrying someone *text deleted* but a lot of core and lower back strength is used
thanks for the help much appreciated.

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

This. At no point before joining do you need to carry and drag people round (although it can be handy if you have a partner to do it with). Being generally strong and well-conditioned (with good lungs in there too) will be more than enough for the PTIs to work on and teach the correct way to do it.

user12345

Reaction score
i’ve got a question i’am currently 14 almost 15 and was wondering peoples opinions on joining at 16?

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
i’ve got a question i’am currently 14 almost 15 and was wondering peoples opinions on joining at 16?

I would have struggled at 16 certainly. I've seen a number of younger teenagers struggle but I've also seen numerous youngsters pass out. It depends on the individual.

You need to be incredibly physically robust as you are still growing. But also mature beyond your years.

Its always your choice of course but just remember the Corps wont disappear in the next 3 years or so, plenty of time for you to have some fun and gain some further life experience mate

user12345

Reaction score
I would have struggled at 16 certainly. I've seen a number of younger teenagers struggle but I've also seen numerous youngsters pass out. It depends on the individual.

You need to be incredibly physically robust as you are still growing. But also mature beyond your years.

Its always your choice of course but just remember the Corps wont disappear in the next 3 years or so, plenty of time for you to have some fun and gain some further life experience mate
to be fair i do loads of phys and i do cadets but i am also skinny and small so i was wondering if i should just wait till 18 or so when fully grown and mature.i was also thinking maybe if not 16 going to mpct college would love to hear your thoughts.

Chelonian

Reaction score
I've had a quick rummage using the search function and found this:

If you dig about you'll find other specific stuff.

From memory, the 'sweet spot' statistically for successfully completing RT is about age twenty-one. But this doesn't mean that youngsters (or oldsters) don't do it.

I joined another service shortly after my sixteenth birthday. Having recently passed my sixtieth birthday I'd suggest keeping an open mind and enjoy stepping out into the independence which later teen years afford.

Physically you will radically change over the next five years plus. This is a physiological certainty. If you have a career path in mind you can perhaps consolidate and build upon this by living a healthy life (no fun at all) and putting on some running shoes. Best of luck. Let us know how you get on.

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
to be fair i do loads of phys and i do cadets but i am also skinny and small so i was wondering if i should just wait till 18 or so when fully grown and mature.i was also thinking maybe if not 16 going to mpct college would love to hear your thoughts.

Mate I was skinny as hell when I joined. Luckily being over 6ft meant I weighed a good 80kg+ when joining. I'd still be classed as skinny by stereotype marine standards but it matters not. Big doesn't always mean strong, and it certainly doesn't mean fit.

If you want to join the marines, go for it. But as a younger lad I'd say your phys needs to be absolutely top notch because inevitably you are going to struggle in other areas, be it admin, homesickness, injuries etc. Scoring max points on all tests will just give you one less thing to worry about, allowing you to devote more time to other areas listed above.

Also, start taking control of your own life. Rely on nobody. Make your own food. Do your own washing. Learn to iron, how to fold neatly. Tidy your room, dust the house etc etc. Start getting yourself thinking abit more grown up. Will hopefully lessen the shock of capture somewhat.

If you have other career aspirstions on civvy street or just fancy a few years at college whilst working on your fitness, then dig out. Enjoy yourself, but still take note of the advice above.

Ultimately the decision is yours

user12345

Reaction score
I've had a quick rummage using the search function and found this:

If you dig about you'll find other specific stuff.

From memory, the 'sweet spot' statistically for successfully completing RT is about age twenty-one. But this doesn't mean that youngsters (or oldsters) don't do it.

I joined another service shortly after my sixteenth birthday. Having recently passed my sixtieth birthday I'd suggest keeping an open mind and enjoy stepping out into the independence which later teen years afford.

Physically you will radically change over the next five years plus. This is a physiological certainty. If you have a career path in mind you can perhaps consolidate and build upon this by living a healthy life (no fun at all) and putting on some running shoes. Best of luck. Let us know how you get on.
thank you for your help kind of an eye opener as i am not the best at school so ive got to be better as you never know whats going to happen and just have a back up plan and shows i have years left.Now thinking joining at 18 and getting good school grades thanks for your help.

Carrot12

Reaction score
Instead of making a new thread ill just add to this. From my last post I took up running and ran my first 20k around 6 weeks ago. Got a (believed) stress fracture in fibula from this and took 4.5 weeks off. As soon as I was ready to get back at I Managed to roll both my ankles in P.E. Now I've been getting back to it though struggling. Best effort 5k went from 21:50 to 23:40 and yesterday I ran a 27 minute 5k which I was shocked by. At my age 15 and 11 months am I more susceptible to common injury?

Carrot12

Reaction score
Right now I'm working my way back up from 5k. When I was building up it was 5k every other day then 10k weekend, Then I decided to start increasing the mileage from 35 a week to 45/50 the next week, changing from 5k to 6 or 7k every day + 2 10k. I was just really pumped to run more I guess. All those David Goggins videos. I know that was the cause of my injury as I took little rest days. But prior to this I would get very minor injuries like pain in my ankle or knee causing discomfort it seemed to be like this every week. But the more I think about it i realise that its probably just normal.

Carrot12

Reaction score
I've never exclusively ran 1.5 miles but say 21/2= is 10 minutes, so I'd assume it would be around 9. I'll be running tomorrow so maybe ill do that.

user12345

Reaction score
Mate I was skinny as hell when I joined. Luckily being over 6ft meant I weighed a good 80kg+ when joining. I'd still be classed as skinny by stereotype marine standards but it matters not. Big doesn't always mean strong, and it certainly doesn't mean fit.

If you want to join the marines, go for it. But as a younger lad I'd say your phys needs to be absolutely top notch because inevitably you are going to struggle in other areas, be it admin, homesickness, injuries etc. Scoring max points on all tests will just give you one less thing to worry about, allowing you to devote more time to other areas listed above.

Also, start taking control of your own life. Rely on nobody. Make your own food. Do your own washing. Learn to iron, how to fold neatly. Tidy your room, dust the house etc etc. Start getting yourself thinking abit more grown up. Will hopefully lessen the shock of capture somewhat.

If you have other career aspirstions on civvy street or just fancy a few years at college whilst working on your fitness, then dig out. Enjoy yourself, but still take note of the advice above.

Ultimately the decision is yours
thanks without being cheesy i just think that all i want in life is a green lid on my head so everything i do i kust want to relate to that to get me closer and i dont have any civvy interests thats why i mentioned mptc college.for the admin stuff i make my bed everyday dust and clean my room do alot of washing up and ironing and folding up but definitely not as much as a marine fitness wise i do alot of phys and get high scores on gym tests for the marines like the push ups i can also do a vpjft+ 3 times in a row.im probably at the moment going to join at 18 after college when a bit more mature and grown up so that gives me alot of time to prepare and smash out the pyhs i also do cadets so getting to learn everything i need to know for joining up.thanks for all your help.