Help!!

Macky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've looked in the common training injuries for similar symptoms but I couldn't find anything.. I'll explain the problem.. Last wek I did a lot of leg work (squats etc) and my legs were aching like a mother *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted* on saturday so I took a rest day and they were fine.. So Monday I went on a light run with my friend and the next day I found it was uncomfortable to walk as I had a dull ache/pain on the side of my right knee... So I left it to recover and went for a short 10 minute jog home from work and found a similar pain.. but not as bad.

Have any of you guys had anything similar? I'm hoping its just a strain or a pulled muscle etc as google seems to be telling me it's runners knee which apparently takes weeks if not months to recover and possibly surgery :wondering:

Will see how it is over the weekend and may have to visit the doctor..

Camz

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Weeks rest, if still pain visit your doctor.

Macky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
A weeks rest from running or just exercise in general?

Camz

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I would give it a week of doing nothing personally, just to prevent going to the doctors who may make a bigger deal of something that may just be a strain or something innocuous.
It is up to yourself though, only you can tell how bad it really is.

DaveK

Reaction score
you may have stressed the tendons or ligaments in that area

since those are very low bloodflow areas they take more time to recover, 1 week, try a jog, see how you feel

dl144

Reaction score
I used to get a similar pain in my knees and also in my ankles after lots of leg work and running and it turned out it was over-pronation which a knew pair of trainers sorted almost immediately.

Not saying it deffo is that, as im not a doc *text deleted**, but it may be something to look into before stressing out over potential surgery etc.

Cheers,

Macky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Okay lads you've been very re-assuring! Thanks

Macky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Put a knee-support on and it feels quite a bit better like that, so will give it a rest until its recovered