Help!

Rapagna

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to join the royal marines but my fitness is... RUBBISH

I'm going to apply after my A levels ( still in year 11 ) but has anyone got any tips
on how to stay motivated and any good techniques for training

In 2 minutes i could do 61 sit ups ( With 20 seconds to spare) but at that point my body gives up ( any tips on this )

In one minute i can do 30 ( on a good day ) Press ups ( Tips please )

Running ( Need to time myself )

Rapagna

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im doing my GCSE's at this moment in time :P

But i want to do A levels so i got some qualifications for when i leave the forces :D

( You've made my day "also i know people have passed with the results you have given.")

Tomtom

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
A levels come after GCSE's, you get them from Sixth form/Collage.

But als i would say is, you have got time on your side, so take it slow, don't rush into it too much if your not ued to training. But by the time you apply you should be able to do the tests quite easy-ish.

Jennings92

Reaction score
Im in year 11 doing my GCSE's at the moment. Ive handed in my application and my AFCO says he wants me to get all the stuff like interviews and that out of the way while im still in school so as soon as i leae i can start my RT.:fight:

Tomtom

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
They said that to me aswell, but your application goes as fast or as slow as you want, if you say i want to take it slow or whatever, they'll probably be ok with that.
Your Phsycometric Test is usable for up to 3 years after you do it, so their is no rush really.

Rapagna

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers guys for the info,

Only 2 years to train ( Not long yet )

Rapagna

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers guys,

I'm currently doing judo, I hope this would be as good as football or Ballet ( *text deleted*)

Also i'm thinking of joining my local gym, Would this help me alot or would it be wise to just stay at home and do exercises?
:smile:

Mnemic5

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Cheers guys,

I'm currently doing judo, I hope this would be as good as football or Ballet ( *text deleted*)

Also i'm thinking of joining my local gym, Would this help me alot or would it be wise to just stay at home and do exercises?
:smile:
Of course it would help you alot, however it isnt a "must do" determination and hard work and the open road around you provide you with everything you need to be succesfull!

Daz-PRMC

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I would recommend joining either a boxing gym or playing rugby, even both if you like punishment!

Both will see your fitness through the roof if you work hard enough

You have time yes but don't get complacent, get into a routine now that will stick with you through your A levels and then you can increase the pace / intensity 6 months out from PRMC

Rapagna

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
OK,

I'm going to head down to the gym tomorrow ( closed now ) If i get a 30 day membership, this should help keep me motivated ( dont want to waste money on something i'm not going to use )

As for sit ups and press ups, Should i find out my maximum then try and add 5 every week ( I'm only a beginner at training )

Also running, Is it better to do this in the mornings or later ( after school )

Cheers for the info guys