Help

Lord Flashman

Reaction score
I'm looking at joining the RMR. Always been interested in the RM's but thought I was too old - civvy career took off and the years flew by. Woke up one morning and found I'm 29. Wanted the option of ops/regulars and a commission so thought TA was best option. Took them a year to sort out training dates and to be frank all seemed a bit pedestrian, organisational chaos etc. Applied to RMR, guy on the phone didn't have a heart attack re my age so am encouraged. Looking to join RMR Merseyside, Bham Det HMS Forward.
Whats the story re RMR commissions after getting the green lid? Is it possible to go regular? Will my age be an issue?

mike webb

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
yeah age wise your allowed to apply up to 32/33 i cant remember which eactly. speak to your AFCO about it in detail, all areas can be covered. im not really an expert on RMR as im applying for regular. but like in the regular force you can apply directly to be an officer.

mike

Lord Flashman

Reaction score
Thanks for that guys.
I thought with RMR you had to get your green lid before officer training, I knew you could go directly in as an office with the regs but didn't think that was the case with the RMR. Phys is up to scratch, so hopefully will be ok. Will ask AFCO further. Thanks

encn

Reaction score
Just replied to your post in the RMR forum. You are right, you can't join RMR as an officer. You have to do officer selection after Phase 1 of RT training at least (most leave it until after getting their green lid), so that's quite different from Regs. There is a thread on this somewhere (in the RMR or POC section) because I was asking about it a few months ago!

Good luck mate.