help!...

SlaternatoR

Reaction score
First proper post... so hi... and it would help immensly if i could get loads of feedback...

I signed up for the corps but since im under 18 my mother needs to sign aswel... i cant get my dad to sign it because my mum will sue him or something stupid like that. So I need to know how and if i can finish A-levels in the corps... and thats the only leverage ive got...

serious help needed... im getting threaders with all the arguments. :!:

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Why would your dad be sued? :S

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hi, hope this helps:

The following rules apply to the signature(s) on your parental consent form

a. If the applicant is living with both parents then they must both sign.
b If the applicant is living with only one parent, then his/her signature is sufficient.
c If the applicant is not living with either parent, the signature required is that of any person (whether or not a parent of the applicant) who has parental rights and powers in respect of the applicant and whose whereabouts are known, or can after reasonable enquiry be ascertained.
d If after reasonable enquiry no such person as mentioned in c above can be traced, the signature required is that of any person in whose care (whether in law or in fact) the applicant is.
e If the applicant is the subject of a Supervision Order, a person authorized by the supervising authority must also sign. The date the Order expires must also be given.
f If the applicant is the subject of a Care Order, the only signature required is that of a person authorized by the Local Authority concerned.

In addition, you may undertake further educational qualifications whilst serving, after completing training, through distance learning using Enhanced Learning Credits to cover the cost of the course. The difficult bit is finding the time!

As stated by loz, if you only live with one parent, the other one can threaten whatever they wish, but suing is not a legal option & their signature is not required.

To try & get your parents on-side, this may help: Realities of operational deployment

Good luck.

SlaternatoR

Reaction score
Thanks mate... just to make it clear though, that means i can't get my dad to sign does it because im not living with him?...

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The parental consent signature needs to be that of the parent with whom you live.

Your best bet is to contact your Careers Adviser & see if he/she would be prepared to have a talk with both you & your Mother to see if you can resolve the issue.

If you are under 18, you cannot be deployed operationally with the Corps anyway. Once you are 18 you do not need parental consent to join.

Good luck.

SlaternatoR

Reaction score
ok we should be goin before the end of the week... but i dont know if she'll change her mind... not much i can do about that really... anyway, I'll just have to crack on with phys and hope for the best.

Thanks for the info, its helped clear a couple of things up for me.