Hey everyone,

Goggz

Reaction score
Hi, My names Luke Goggins, im 18 and live in Surrey.
Looking to join up for a commission in the royal marines.

Looked into other services like the para's and raf reg,
but nothing really compares to this=)

Been reading through the site and loads of helpfull stuff so thought i would just introduce myself properly.

Unfortuanatly, i had 140 ucas points 2 years ago with C grades before the Navy upped thier requirements so im currently going through college again :doh:
which SUCKS.

Just recently passed all my phsycometric tests so im on my way.

One quick question though,
As i have time on my side for joining now :noob:
Would it be best to go along to a POC and just use it as a practice almost because i may not be at the standard to pass yet, or is it best to wait just incase? Because i hear many people dont pass POC usually untill second time around?

Cheers, =)

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hi Luke, welcome.

Good luck with improving your UCAS scores- if you are undertaking any exam other than A2 levels (such as Public Service Course or similar- check their UCAS validity with your AFCO- don't take the UCAS site for granted- BTECs below Level 3 Merit, Merit, Merit are not accepted)

You would be far better off attending a Royal Marines Acquaint Day (RMAD) & under no circumstances consider attending a POC until you are physically prepared- if you put in a clearly unprepared performance, it will probably prejudice your application & may further delay your entry date. You need to impress on POC from the outset, so it would be particularly unwise to attempt one before you are truly ready.

By the way - can you get me an autograph.....?

1416901752_popup.jpg

Goggz

Reaction score
*text deleted* NICE.
Havnt heard that one before *text deleted*. Not. =)