Hey fellas..

crackhour

Civilian Member
Reaction score
Ey up lads..

Six days until my presentation at the careers office!!

Just thought i'd say alright and i'm looking forward to joining up..
I dont suppose I could be much further away from my end goal as I am now, Small steps and that!!

I am busy at the moment working on the RM's history and my fitness level..

Anyway love this resource and have already learned quite a lot here!!
I've watched the you tube videos of commando (8 series), and am really looking forward to getting stuck in to training..

I used to be in the marine cadets a long time ago when darkness coverd the earth and huge beasts roamed free!!
(probably older that many of you) (he hem.. t, two years old).
(ok 32..)

Hope they have all the necessary safety equipment to train me IE: Bath rails etc... (Preemptive age joke).

Anyway nice to meet you all..

Holla back..

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Welcome CrackHour,

Your not the only 32 year old applicant on here mate so no worries about that.

All the best with your application, any questions just ask.

Best of luck
GW

crackhour

Civilian Member
Reaction score
Thanks GW,

Not really had anyone to discuss things with yet so its good to see all these people in the same boat..

cheers for the welcome, to be honest I was starting to think everyone was 21! (probably the first time I've ever felt old, bit weird actually!)

Im really looking forward to the PRMC and having a shot at the current record on the assault course! Hope I can survive to get my socks and boots..

I've heard the food is superb! Cant wait for that..:dinner:

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Heya crackhour welcome to the forum, yeah you are not the only 32 year old applicant but we do range from 16-32.

best o luck at the AFCO when you there.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Mr.Saurus X,

Well there's nothing wrong with your age, you'll probably find you'll be like a matriarch.. With a penis..

Anyway good luck at your interview. They really don't interrogate you like alot of people think or say they do, they're quite easy going and might make the odd joke, most jokes made were about my ears and the amount of girlfriends I've had but they try and make it as easy as they can while getting what they want out of you. Visually smart, confident in yourself and a half decent knowledge of the corp (It should all be in the books you were given) and most importantly they like to get to know you. One of the Chief Petty Officers was more intrested in my motorbike than me haha.

Anyhow, good luck and be yourself.

Ash

crackhour

Civilian Member
Reaction score
Yes, Now I can totally live with that whole Matriarch and penis set up..

I can see me now at the head of the table governing my minions and lackies, bidding them to do my dues whilst I sip from the cup of plenty...Or perhaps not...
I do however have a Beautiful and Youthful complexion and could easily pass for 31 and a few months..in dim light...from a distance...!

I am also visually the smartest person on our trailer site, and will wear my blue cords anyway, to make sure. (I may even buff my tooth for the occasion!!) Yes you heard correctly I am not holding back!!

Pressups 95 (some cracking)
Situps 88 (slight skeletal damage)
Pullups (You've *text deleted* be fu*text deleted**ng kidding me??)
careers presentation 28th april......hmm

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* and a cracking sense of humor, fitness is pretty high too but what's up with the pull ups? Hehe =P

Ash

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum pal.

Some impressive fitness there, but have to ask, are those Marine style pressups? If so, big respect.

crackhour

Civilian Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my pressups are all with elbows in and chest touching the old tennis ball, I've made sure as Im aware of the stringent and wandering eye of the corporals...Gulp..

I can do 15 propper 'chin above' overhand pullups before chronic fatigue sets in and spittle starts flying... my 1.5 miler is 8:58 (best)..

I used google maps to create a route from my gaff to a roundabout exactly 5 miles away, and have been running there and back (10 miles on mon wed & fri mornings) (yup 30 miles per week)...from 6 am until 7:15 usually, Im trying to get this to under an hour.. I've been doing this for two months now and have racked up 250 odd miles...Ive also killed my £90 quid climacool trainers..:(

Also, starting from monday, Im running in my doc martins (which weigh about 100 or something pounds, per-frickin-boot, and have filled my rucksack with 3x 5kg weights from my bench in preperation of the run of all runs!! (about 33 lbs)..and im still doing the workouts from the marines website (14 exercises on tues, thurs & sat)

Seriously fellas I've found that I actually am starting to enjoy the burn and can understand how athletes get addicted to this s*text deleted**!!

So Im a complete fruitcake as you can see and am totally dedicated to passing this, and the 32 weeks...and getting my green lid!

What the hell its not forever, and Id rather be prepared than not..
keep testing yourselves lads!! It'll pay dividends trust me!!

Also thanks again for the great welcome on this forum...deffo hope we'll get to meet...

Cheers lads.. Pasta-Pasta-Pasta and then some banana + water, but then more Pasta!!:rock: