Hey guys.

Georgie

Reaction score
Hey,

My name is Georgie, I'm glad i found this board. I understand that some of ye might be thinking why a guy from the Republic of Ireland might want to become a Royal Marine, but the first time i fired a gun and started weights i knew that i would want to do something along this line, and i think the Irish army doesn't have the excitement and sense of acheivement that i believe i would acheive in the Royal Marines. I also think it is important to be moulded into the best physical speciman possible, and the Marines play an extremely important role in maintaining the civil rights of people around the world.
I'm still unsure what i want to do with my life, but i want to something extraordinary with it and try be a cut above the rest, so i'm sure this will definately be an option for me.
Thanks for reading, and i'll be sure to keep posting!

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Hi Georgie

We have had a few from the Republic joining the site and the Royal Marines so no trouble on being the first mate. I can't remember off hand who they were but if you do a search I'm sure you they will pop up.

Anything you aren't sure about just ask and we will do our best to get you an answer.

All the best
GreyWing

Georgie

Reaction score
Cheers mate, will do seeing as I'm just getting into the weights and fitness aspect of it haha.
My granduncle fought as a Major in Africa in WW2 so it'll be getting in touch with my roots.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, living and/or being in the RoI shouldn't be a problem, it's just they'll probably look more into family history when you fill out your security questionaire, taking some extra time. As a friend of mine from RoI had to wait 1 1/2 months before he was cleared.

That's if of course you join, I'm quite jealous of you actually I'm a keen kayaker and was told by (yet another) friend from the RoI that they get waves about 30ft in the south west.

Welcome to the site and good luck whatever path you choose.

Nod 88

Reaction score
Welcome, nice part of the world to come from spend afair bit of time there got friends in knock, good crack running crow patrick (not sure on spelling)

Georgie

Reaction score
Cheers for the welcomes!!

Yeah Crough Patrick is a good place to climb on those hot summer days when you want to get out and about.