Hey lads

Gotmilk

Reaction score
Alright chaps, at the ripe age of 30 I'm one of the ol' fogeys who's decided they want more out of life and were allured to the call of the green lids. Looking forward to getting the ball rolling and getting stuck in!

Cheers!

Chick3nHawk01

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome your age doesn't matter mate *text deleted*. Sorry for asking but what is your fitness stats like mate

Gotmilk

Reaction score
38 press ups, 40 sit-ups and about 8:30 per mile. Still at least a couple months training to go but loving every minute of it. :D

What about yourself mate?

Chick3nHawk01

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Same here mate but 9:30 on return but I can only barely do 3 pull-ups mate

Gotmilk

Reaction score
Oh aye forgot the pull-ups, you got me beat by 1 there. They kick my arse

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Alright chaps, at the ripe age of 30 I'm one of the ol' fogeys who's decided they want more out of life and were allured to the call of the green lids. Looking forward to getting the ball rolling and getting stuck in!

Cheers!

No worries mate. Get amongst it, read the threads, ask any questions and train hard but smart!

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hey fella welcome to the forum.

Don't worry about your age I'm 28 myself when you thinking of applying? Don't worry the pull ups also kick my as.s!

Gotmilk

Reaction score
Pretty much as soon as I can. I think January/February is a pretty realistic time frame to be ready for the PRMC. When are you thinking of joining?

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty much as soon as I can. I think January/February is a pretty realistic time frame to be ready for the PRMC. When are you thinking of joining?

Only reason I asked regarding when your applying is because of the application process and you may get setbacks in between for so,e reason or not.

Me I applied in April but have had couple setbaback failed 1st medical due to BMI but passed at 2nd attempt so will have PJFT end of the month or very early on in November so it's actually good I applied when I did really due to the time it's taken.

Gotmilk

Reaction score
Only reason I asked regarding when your applying is because of the application process and you may get setbacks in between for so,e reason or not.

Me I applied in April but have had couple setbaback failed 1st medical due to BMI but passed at 2nd attempt so will have PJFT end of the month or very early on in November so it's actually good I applied when I did really due to the time it's taken.

Ah I hear ya. In my case with my age I can see the sense in applying earlier and then making sure to get fit in time for PJFT/PRMC. But don't think my interviewer would be too impressed with that. :D So just going to hope I don't get delayed too long and if I do, more time to train!

And aye john lewis good shout! So you just do them to failure then finish the set on negatives yeah?

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Ah I hear ya. In my case with my age I can see the sense in applying earlier and then making sure to get fit in time for PJFT/PRMC. But don't think my interviewer would be too impressed with that. :D So just going to hope I don't get delayed too long and if I do, more time to train!

And aye john lewis good shout! So you just do them to failure then finish the set on negatives yeah?

I was 3 stone to heavy when I applied dude but as I was told if I got to the medical I could just delay it if I wasn't in the standards BMI wise so saved me a a lot of time and same reason as you age played a part in it also not wanting to drag it out.

I see what you mean with the recruiter if you be honest then there fine with it even tho they try push you to get the application quick if your not ready then your not ready and just take each tests as it comes so you don't risk any setbacks that's the way I look at it it's your application and they help to guide you.

Im only at pjft stage so by time I get to prmc it would have been around 8/9 months application so the time sure does fly!

Do you have any medical issues you think may hamper you I was worried about that side of it more than anything so was glad to get it out the way.

Gotmilk

Reaction score
Huh. Alright Mattys I'll have a word at the local careers office next chance I get and see what they suggest. Might be able to get the ball rolling faster than I expected. Cheers for the advice :D

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Huh. Alright Mattys I'll have a word at the local careers office next chance I get and see what they suggest. Might be able to get the ball rolling faster than I expected. Cheers for the advice :D

It's up to you dude when you feel capable in yourself so it's down to you.

john lewis

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score

Yes mate do as many as you can (explosive on the way up and controlled on the way down) then when you are unable to do anymore jump up then slowly lower