Hey lads!

B

billyliversage

Hey lads, in the same boat as alot of you on here, i'm wanting to join the marines and going through my application process now. Been reading through alot of the threads over the last few days and have learnt alot, so thanks to everyone for that. Have my medical on wednesday so ill let you all know how that goes and i dont see no reason why it shouldn't be thumbs up. Anyway just wanted to say hello really and look forward to speaking to you guys.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hiya Billy,

Welcome fella & good luck with the selection process. Please do join in & offer advice to those that follow whilst also asking questions of those that have gone before.

B

billyliversage

Hey! Had my medical yesturday and passed which i am really pleased with. Booking my PJFT for about a weeks time. Ill let you all know how i get on

Grimesy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well done mate and good luck for your pjft.

posted my application today and aiming to do the psychometric on may 15th. hoping to be in a similar situation to you not too long from now.
post how you get on fella.

crackhour

Civilian Member
Reaction score
Nice to meet you BillyLiversausage..

I'm new too, welcome *text deleted*..

B

billyliversage

Thanks alot everyone for the support. Good luck with your psychometric test Grimesy and be sure to let us know how you get on. Haha crackhour, i have no doubt that will come up in recruit training. I must say your not the first one to pick that up and i'm sure that you wont be the last *text deleted*. What stage are you at in you application crackhour?

crackhour

Civilian Member
Reaction score
*text deleted* no offence *text deleted*, had to say the obvious.. just had to!

Im just applying really, and have my first presentation thingy' at the careers on 28th of this month..

I've been preparing for some time now though, and have stepped up my game a bit of late.. Since I saw a series on you tube called commando, I recommend you watch this (If you havnt already), once you see people running whilst projectile vomiting, your motivation to push yourself seems to miraculously grow in urgency!

Some great lads on here though, and is hopefully what we can expect as the standard!

Good luck to you bro, Ill post back here after my appointment on monday to let everyone know what happened in the lions den...

C'ya *text deleted*...

Here is the link to the prmc + 32 week training course.. (8 series in total) Ie series 1 1/5 - 2/5 - 3/5- 4/5 - 5/5 -----series 2 1/5- 2/5 etc.... etc...Just keep looking for the next video as they are broken into 10 minute blocks....
This is what its like fellas!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7cVsJkr6yw&feature=related

B

billyliversage

Hey all once again.
Just had a call from my AFCO Warrant Officer and found that my secuity clearence has come through ok, not that i fought it wouldnt but its one more step further. I have also booked my PJFT for 12/May. Ill let you all know how i get on.

crackhour

Civilian Member
Reaction score
Hi mate..

Yeah my presentation went great , there was two other guys there wanting to join the marines and were both a great laugh..
We watched the vids and chatted , I got a chance to ask a few questions and all was very informal..The careers bloke was well funny and was cracking jokes right through..

Deffo more excited then ever to join and have my psychometric test on the 16th of this month so just brushing up on the corps histoy and 'extra phys' it with my fitness...

Good luck on the 12th mate, (not long!!) im sure you'll pis* it !!
Post and let us all know how it goes fella....:kult: