hey there :)

Potentiallylethal

Reaction score
just another hopeful joining the forum for advice/tips/comradery.

I've passed the interview/medical/RT... and as of next wednesday I have to go back to the Palace Barracks outside belfast and take what I can only assume is the PJFT.

I hear it's 3 miles, 2.4 in 12 minutes, then a minutes rest, then 2.4 in 10 minutes.

That about right? Not sure what else is involved, but my AFCO reckons I aught to aim for at least 60 pushups and crunches in 2 minutes.

Any tips lads?

*text deleted* :) I'll shamelessly peruse this forum for advice I thinks.

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
You've passed RT? Isn't that recruit training

Taggart91

Reaction score
just another hopeful joining the forum for advice/tips/comradery.

I've passed the interview/medical/RT... and as of next wednesday I have to go back to the Palace Barracks outside belfast and take what I can only assume is the PJFT.

I hear it's 3 miles, 2.4 in 12 minutes, then a minutes rest, then 2.4 in 10 minutes.

That about right? Not sure what else is involved, but my AFCO reckons I aught to aim for at least 60 pushups and crunches in 2 minutes.

Any tips lads?

*text deleted* :) I'll shamelessly peruse this forum for advice I thinks.

Hi mate, its the PJFT then its a 1.5 mile run on a treadmill in under 10.00.
Its the RMAD or PRMC where you will have to run three miles.
All i can say for next wednesday is have a rest during the day before it and eat foods that give you energy like pasta. :rock:

Taggart91

Reaction score
Oh and if it is an RMAD then it will be 60 pushups in two minutes, 80 sit ups in two minutes and also try and get 6 overgrasp pull ups.
Good luck

Potentiallylethal

Reaction score
@ Peter G

RT = Recruitment Test - You know that irritating set of 4 tests you had to do, 30 questions for each section in 10 minutes, bar the maths one where they extended the time for all us idiots?

@ Taggart - I've been reading here that they're making you do the PJFT on a treadmill. The way my AFCO's explained next wed, is I show up, with whomever is there. I do a 2.4km run, in 12 minutes. Then get a minute break, then another 2.4km best effort, but under 10minutes. Then a bunch of sit ups etc as you said.

So... No mentioned of a treadmill. He says i'll be doing it round the grounds of the barracks. Hrmm.

Well anyway, cheers for the info :) over 6 pull ups. Got ya.

Taggart91

Reaction score
@ Peter G

RT = Recruitment Test - You know that irritating set of 4 tests you had to do, 30 questions for each section in 10 minutes, bar the maths one where they extended the time for all us idiots?

@ Taggart - I've been reading here that they're making you do the PJFT on a treadmill. The way my AFCO's explained next wed, is I show up, with whomever is there. I do a 2.4km run, in 12 minutes. Then get a minute break, then another 2.4km best effort, but under 10minutes. Then a bunch of sit ups etc as you said.

So... No mentioned of a treadmill. He says i'll be doing it round the grounds of the barracks. Hrmm.

Well anyway, cheers for the info :) over 6 pull ups. Got ya.
When i did my PJFT it was on a treadmill and i had to run 1.5 miles thats it.
I didnt think it would be different?
Oh well best of luck to you anyway :laugh:

Potentiallylethal

Reaction score
haha, all good, all good.
But here's the worry. He says 60 pushups in 2 minutes.
Does that mean i can do 20, take a 15 sec break, 20, then break, 20...?
Or does he mean nonstop pushups for the duration of 2 minutes.

And what happens if i get to 60, in 2 minutes, and fall on my arse dead tired?

hamill

Reaction score
yeah you can do that as long as your knees does not touch the floor by all means y ou can do it with locked armes but thats it. i have also hurd that form the first of this month the pjft went up to 3 miles just like you said in your odinal post *text deleted* so keep up the good work and im sure you will be fine. Just think positive, and if things do get bad Grit your teeth and bear it you can do it. all the best *text deleted*.