Hey

PaddyTheManc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Names Pat, decided im *text deleted* join the marines for the adventure as im a bit bored of civy life. Im 23 and reasonably healthy but im *text deleted* definatly start running every morning and evening from now and start paractising my push ups and sit ups everyday.

:noob:

JimB

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome to the forums!

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hiya and welcome.

23 myself and can understand what you mean by the boredom of civvy life. Best of luck with training and application, any info you need feel free to ask, most of us are helpful.

Chris

PaddyTheManc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hiya and welcome.

23 myself and can understand what you mean by the boredom of civvy life. Best of luck with training and application, any info you need feel free to ask, most of us are helpful.

Chris

*text deleted*?

I do have a question actually, i know you need no specific qualifications to join up but does it count against you if you have non?

Cheers in advance :)

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Not at all. Just need to pass the psychometric test.

Welcome to the site. Loads of excellent information on here.

PaddyTheManc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not at all. Just need to pass the psychometric test.

Welcome to the site. Loads of excellent information on here.

Thanks very much, my lack of qualifications comes from me being a little b@stard at school, im actually quite intelligent and from what i can tell i should be fine with the psychometric test.

Cheers :)

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Lack of qualifications wont stop you from applying but you will need to earn your GSCE's to advance in rank usually, not entirely sure but im quite certain you will need to sit maths and English GCSE's at a point in time if you do not have them.

PaddyTheManc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Lack of qualifications wont stop you from applying but you will need to earn your GSCE's to advance in rank usually, not entirely sure but im quite certain you will need to sit maths and English GCSE's at a point in time if you do not have them.

I have maths and only failed english for lack of coursework, i think i should be fine with that.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Will need to get ninja or your afco to explain it further, i cant find the thread about how qualifications affect career at the moment.