Hi all, Im still here, just thought id say hi....again :-)

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
MMMMMmmmm where to start where to start, well I have been a lurker and a member of this site for quite some time. I have really benefited from this site a great deal and I still maintain my desire to join the Marines. Everything was going great with my training and I felt that I was approaching a point where I could start my application process, then bang............ problems.

I suffered lower leg pain I had no idea if it was shin splints or weak/imbalanced muscles the problem(touch wood) is thankfully gone.... then my boss becomes ill he "develops" a clot in his artery meaning im now in charge of the shop having to deal with customers, repair their pc's build their pc's and go and deal with the onsite jobs mon to sat. To top it all off my wife's retarded brother who at the time had a daughter of 2 allows said daughter to injest methadone! The options at the time were take daughter into care or have a family member step in and look after her. My wife with my backing stepped in and we still have little Eve to this day. I tell ya guys she is such a bundle of joy despite the upset and all thats happened to her she has adjusted very well and is doing well at nursery too.

Anyway I had to re-focus and I kinda let my marine goal fall by the way side and allowed myself to regain the weight Id lost and loose the fitness Id gained. Truth is when all this happened I thought ack well I wont be able to join the marines now stupid I know. Life for us now has become stable again, however whilst I may have let my fitness slip I feel that I have still kept up other aspects of training that will stand me in good stead for the Marines. My wife is a nurse so she works different shifts, meaning that on certain days I have to leave work pic Eve up from nursery then feed her bath her etc and do house work and ironing. I have had a lot of practice with the "cheerfullness in the face of adversity" aspect of marine life Ive tried to take the positives out of this period in my life. I have tried to view it all as training for the marines, having to mop floors hoover iron etc whilst being tired and having the temption of gaming amoungst other things I feel is also training :)

I am now back in training despite all of the above and I feel and I am in better stronger position with my goal. I dont want to sound like a "walt" hence the reason Im posting my life story *text deleted*. So now that Ive kinda badly summed up my absence from this site I feel I can now post on this site once more :) Good luck all with your goals.

Yours aye
Marc

crackhour

Civilian Member
Reaction score
Hey Marc,

Good to hear from you mate.
Well we have been busy now hav'nt we!!
I reckon that things are sent to test us, to test our commitment and our resolve.
There is a lot for you to negotiate with yourself and you will probably need to know what the future is likely to hold with regard to your niece and your family/home situation.
You sound like a very genuine bloke and seem very loyal to your family, you do however also seem very needed at the moment.

I think you qualify on more than just cheerfulness in the face of adversity and I reckon you also fulfill Courage, determination and especially Unselfishness!!
We all have a balancing act to play and it cant be easy for any of us to juggle fitness / injury / family etc, aswell as stay true to our number one passion of becoming a royal marine...

I once read that people overestimate what they can achieve in one year and underestimate what they can achieve in ten!!
Sometimes I think you just have to sit down and plan the next stages of your life or else risk being thrown around in a sea of circumstances...
(If you dont have a plan for your own life, someone else does!)

We all have similar dilemmas and commitments I reckon...

good luck bro..

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and advice mate, much appreciated :)