Hi all!

Snell79

Reaction score
Hi all! My name is Chris Snell. i'm 28 years old, and live with my girlfriend and 4 month old baby in Burnley, Lancs. Got my application form on Friday from my local Afco after 10 years! of civvy jobs and a civvy life style. Been told to spend 3 weeks of running to improve slightly then send my application back. To be honest i might send it back sooner *text deleted* i think i'm in the best shape i have ever been in. I'm so excited, been cycling this morning and going running tonight, yes on a Sunday.

Hope for some comments, feedback? Chris

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hey mate!
i would get the application form in sooner because it takes a while for everything to be processed, and you can do your running along the way.
its good to see some slightly older people wanting to join up with the Royal Marines(not meant to be personal:bigsmile:) me personally i think i will be one of the youngest to get through the application because i applied a couple of weeks after the minimum age limit, 15 years 9 months and 2 weeks!!
hope the everything goes well and good luck in your training!

Chris.

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey welcome.
(Why did he get banned?)

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
maybe he's from same IP as someone else that was banned?
either way, best of luck chris

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Something tripped on one of our auto systems, we have overridden it.

Welcome to the site,

Snell79

Reaction score
Ok i was panicking thinking i had done something wrong!!:huh:

Snell79

Reaction score
Hey i have hay fever, looking at one of the above posts. Do i keep it quiet?

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the site!

What are your times for running and what's your training regime like?

As for keeping quiet on things in your application i would advise against it, tell the Doctor at your medical about it.

Snell79

Reaction score
Hi just got back from 6 miler up on't fells, as we say round here!
I'm not sure of my times yet? I only went to Afco on Friday and found out about the timings on the prmc, so i'm *text deleted* start tomorrow at the gym. I shouldn't be too far off though, i hope!

Over last couple of years i have been going gym 4 times a week. A different muscle group every time i go, and a 6 mile jog Wednesday and Sunday. Try and get out on mountain bike as much as possible to.

So i'll let you know perhaps mid week about times! And get my application sent back in tommorow to save on any delays.

See you all later.

Chris.

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like you've got your head screwed on in regards to training.

I would advise you to look at what is expected of you in order to join - tests in the PRMC for example, as one person's views of being 'fit' can totally differ to another's.

Learn about the application process aswell and you'll be well on your way mate.

Hope everything goes well.

Snell79

Reaction score
hi all, bit shocked today, went to the gym as usual but started training as the prmc booklet states and not just my heavy weights routine. I started on about 20 mins of bag work, and did my press ups and sit ups. Only managed 45 sit ups and 40 press ups in the 2 mins.

Been a 6 mile run tonight though and did that in 1 hour an 9 mins, but i can get better at that easy.

Doing my 3 miler on the tread mill tommorow seeing how i do on that.

I'm *text deleted* have to do my press ups and sit ups every day till they improve. I've got the application form ready to send back but feel like holding off till i improve my prmc tests?

Chris.

Any advice chaps?

Snell79

Reaction score
Hi all training going ok. Just waiting for pscho tests next. Handed application in last friday. Doing 60 press, 60 sit ups, 7 pull ups. Did my 1.5 miler (out) in 11 mins 50s, but didn't get chance to do, 1.5 back, but no i wouldn't be too far off. Haven't run for 4 days due to very sore shins, been cycling instead 9 miles in 50 mins. hopefully next couple of weeks should crack my times. Can't seem to get more than 60 press and sits? How are your training schedules going?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
60's fine mate, obviously always strive for more but to be honest i reckon CV should be your focus your circuits seem pretty sorted