Hi All

Old Man

Ex-Matelot
Reaction score
Must start by saying that I've no intention of joining - I'm here because my son's started the process.

Though he makes his own decisions, I try to be supportive by discussing all the various aspects of his preparation and by encouraging him in his training etc.

I'd be equally supportive if he suddenly decided to change direction and do something else but I don't envisage this happening.

I'm an old sailor myself and I'm now getting to relive my youth through the actions of my children, in this case by following the process of preparation for and the ensuing career of one of my son's, who's intention it is to be a Marine.

Hopefully, having served in the RN, I may be able to make the odd post on service life in general.

Best Regards to all.

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome mate.

You should be proud of your son. He's attempting to do something that most people would not even have the mental strenght to attempt.

Old Man

Ex-Matelot
Reaction score
I am of course proud of my son. I'm proud of all my children, regardless of their chosen paths.

More importantly, they should be proud of themselves, as should you all.

To attempt a career as a Royal Marine is worthy of respect.

To succeed demands respect.

I hope you all achieve your ambitions. Enjoy every bit of it, including the preparation.

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
welcome !

im sure any advice that can be given from yourself would be very welcome here :smile:

and good luck to your boy...

New Threads