Hi Everyone

tinney2807

Reaction score
Thought I would just say Hi. My son is in 256 troop, starting week 8 tomorrow. He found the first two weeks awful and questioned why he was there, we the family kept strong and reminded him why he wanted to join up in the first place, to dig deep and keep going, which is really hard when you know they aren’t happy, however he is now enjoying it and looks forward to each new week. We went to families day a few weeks ago which was fantastic, a really good day, very informative and interesting. We were so proud to see him and the other lads doing their drill and gym routine and the lunch we had in the galley wasn’t bad either! He has already built up a good friendship with the other 5 lads in his grot and they all work together to get the admin done. Very happy Mum :)

Dvv63

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Thought I would just say Hi. My son is in 256 troop, starting week 8 tomorrow. He found the first two weeks awful and questioned why he was there, we the family kept strong and reminded him why he wanted to join up in the first place, to dig deep and keep going, which is really hard when you know they aren’t happy, however he is now enjoying it and looks forward to each new week. We went to families day a few weeks ago which was fantastic, a really good day, very informative and interesting. We were so proud to see him and the other lads doing their drill and gym routine and the lunch we had in the galley wasn’t bad either! He has already built up a good friendship with the other 5 lads in his grot and they all work together to get the admin done. Very happy Mum :)
Hi @tinney2807, welcome aboard, it's as hard on us as parents,as it is for our nods,lots of ups and downs, but this is a great site,and everyone is very helpful on here,sounds like your lad is doing well :)

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
Welcome! You have been added to the P&P sub forum, where you will find others to share your journey with.

Alan