Hi guys and best of luck with training

Patrick

Reaction score
Hi guys, my name's Patrick. I live in the city of Lincoln, East Yorkshire and I thought I'd introduce myself now that my application is finally underway and I've started training seriously for the PRMC.
I think I might be the first person from my family generation to consider joining the forces so I'm a little nervous but still excited about the whole thing.

Good luck to everyone else on the same journey and all the best.

Patrick

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Welcome to the asylum mate.

What do your folks think about this idea of joining the RM?
I am in the same boat as not had any family in the military really unless we're talking about the world wars etc, so they are totally ignorant and think joining as anything other than an officer is for oiks to be used cannon fodder.:doh::dontaskme:

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome Patrick, enjoy your stay here.

J

Jason_A

Welcome mate!

Good luck with everything. Remember: "Pain is temporary; the green beret is for life". :)

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hi patrick , im the same as you apart from the war none of my family have served in the forces, we are the new generation!

Patrick

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement guys, I really appreciate it.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys, my name's Patrick. I live in the city of Lincoln, East Yorkshire and I thought I'd introduce myself now that my application is finally underway and I've started training seriously for the PRMC.
I think I might be the first person from my family generation to consider joining the forces so I'm a little nervous but still excited about the whole thing.

Good luck to everyone else on the same journey and all the best.

Patrick

ryt mate.

I am the first person out my family and all *text deleted*.

Try and keep it goin thru your future family once you start, thats what I might do :toung:

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm the first in my family too, best of luck. Apparently, according to my family ill be cannon fodder :)

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm first as well, train hard for the PRMC!

Edit: nothing wrong with cannon fodder dodo!

Just remembered, my great great uncle was drafted into the army during the first world war.

Patrick

Reaction score
Thanks again

Thanks again guys. It's really good to be around supportive people, I'm grateful for it.
In an entirely voluntary armed forces, I think I might be the first to step up for the challenge. I really want to get it right and set a good example with the whole thing - no regrets.

Best of luck to you all.

Patrick