Hi guys!

simsie

Reaction score
It's great to find a place like this. There's a lot of forums like this on the net, but this seems like the most helpful so far!

Just saying hello, i'm 23 from Belfast and am currently trying to get myself ready to start the whole application process. Doing a lot of hiking, mountain climbing, running trying to get myself sorted out. Is it just me or is anyone else unsure as to when you're 'ready' to get the ball rolling with the application process.

Even at 23 at times it seems like i'm i'm really *text deleted* be one of the old people, but as long as I ignore that and get my head down and keep working, i hope it'll be ok.

Anyway - thanks so far for everything on the site.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site simsie.

It's all down to personal interpretation really,
the way I'm deciding when I'm ready to get the ball rolling is by measuring my personal bests upto the PRMC requirements,
press ups, sit ups, pull ups, 1.5 mile etc,
and then I'll push it a bit more,
and then I'll start the application process.

As a rough estimate I've given myself a year,
as I hope to be ready by about May/June 2009.

Joe

big oshea

Reaction score
got my application forms today am no fit enough yet i know that but application takes between 3 --- 6 months so im using this time to get fit and u can wait up to 8 weeks before doing prmc

big oshea

Reaction score
not sure a want join marines or army guys and advice or tips would be appreciated thank u