Hi, I'm new

maitaisonnd

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm a 19 year old Irish/German dual national and have wanted to join the RMC since I was 15. I've been in the application process for several months now after moving over from Dublin at Christmas. I just completed my PJFT with 9:35 on the return run, not as good as I would have liked but from what I hear I have plenty of time to knock it down with all the PRMC dates filling up. Still waiting for my interview date too.

I guess I could ask for some tips on making a good impression at the interview but I'll probably just check the threads in the appropriate section. I just wanted to make an introduction and thank everyone for their input on the forum. As this has been one of the most helpful sources of information for my application process.

Cheers lads.

CHUB!

Careers Adviser
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm a 19 year old Irish/German dual national and have wanted to join the RMC since I was 15. I've been in the application process for several months now after moving over from Dublin at Christmas. I just completed my PJFT with 9:35 on the return run, not as good as I would have liked but from what I hear I have plenty of time to knock it down with all the PRMC dates filling up. Still waiting for my interview date too.

I guess I could ask for some tips on making a good impression at the interview but I'll probably just check the threads in the appropriate section. I just wanted to make an introduction and thank everyone for their input on the forum. As this has been one of the most helpful sources of information for my application process.

Cheers lads.
To impress you just need to do your research. Each individual careers adviser has a different way of going about things. Apart from knowing your training path and what hoops you need to jump through to get there I expect you to have an in depth training plan designed wholly for PRMC as that should be your only focus. I would expect you to have at least tried the PJFT at least once on the treadmill as this can be a shocker if you haven't tried it. Plenty of people have posted information about the interview on here so use it for what it is worth. Don't be scared to ask.

CHUB!

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Cheers lads.

Get stuck in here, there’s loads of good advice and people to offer advice. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.

Your PJFT return isn’t too bad but it’s still a pass so keep working at it and work towards your PRMC.
Just do your research on the Corps History, the units and current deployments. You can find all the information you need on Wiki and the Royal Marines website.