Hi, Just a quick query :-)

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ive been reading that if you got a D or lower in maths then you have to sit a maths test down at Lympstone, or something along those lines. My maths has never been good as a result of this I managed to bag myself a grade 4 in my Scottish Standard Grades. I am assuming this is like a D in gcse's? Anway once long ago I applied to the RAF to become an Avionics Technician, I sat the apptitude tests and was told that I kept "failing" the maths section. My options were go in as a Avionics Mechanic or improve my maths grade. I was advised that if I sat a module known as Core Maths 4 and pass this would effectivly bump my maths grade up and allow me to go in as an Avionics Technician. This is exactly what I did went along to my college and did the Core Maths 4 module part time and passed.

Ok after the long winded so called quick query my question is this will the Marines have the same view as the RAF did with regards to my Core Maths 4 module, thus allowing me to skip the maths test :)

M

MTW

i dont think they do, i think any if you have foreign qualifications you have to it the maths assement, but i really doubt its the same as aviation, the lads that took it on my prmc mainly people from south africa said it was unbelieveably easy, like seriously unfailable.

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Im pleased to hear that its seriously easy. Im not going to let it worry me Im sure it'll be alright on the night as they say :)

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I think the test you have to do on PRMC is required by the government but not the RM so it wont affect you if you fail happy to stand corrected though

Luke023

Reaction score
both tests are a complete waste of time, a fish with no brain, with its eyes closed could pass that test. someone was actually stupid enough to fail one though and he was given another stab at anyway and he passed the prmc

Paulr2k2

Reaction score
At PRMC anyone who hadnt achieved a C or better in maths or english had to take a test for them, i cant tell you anymore as i didnt have to do the test:P

S

Sotiris

both tests are a complete waste of time, a fish with no brain, with its eyes closed could pass that test. someone was actually stupid enough to fail one though and he was given another stab at anyway and he passed the prmc
Haha good imagery there. Sounds very amusing, got an example question just out of curiosity?

Luke023

Reaction score
i cant remember what he questions were like as i was on the road to recovery from a migraine i manged to pick up on the way to ctc. luckily the bloke in the bed next to me had a very strong painkiller on him. at the time i wasnt really with it, but everyone passed.

its all done on computer with as much time as you need. just dont worry about it.