Hi new aspiring marine here.

Faber

Reaction score
Currently 16, have been having future career thoughts recently and am hoping to join marines in a few years!

Faber

Reaction score
when you thinking of sending in your application mate
Honestly no idea, I need to get myself to the physical level first. Will probably be 2022-23 after I’ve finished high school, take a gap year and hopefully can make it. Otherwise, go to uni and come back at 22 and try again (2026).

I'm hesitant to join too early for myself, but I really want to try at the first chance I get. Everyone I’ve seen says that if you don’t make it the first time, most people come back and give it another go.

The_Chief

Reaction score
Honestly no idea, I need to get myself to the physical level first. Will probably be 2022-23 after I’ve finished high school, take a gap year and hopefully can make it. Otherwise, go to uni and come back at 22 and try again (2026).

I'm hesitant to join too early for myself, but I really want to try at the first chance I get. Everyone I’ve seen says that if you don’t make it the first time, most people come back and give it another go.
I'm joining next year after school. You should too if that's what you're thinking. No point in being afraid you're going to fail, just give it your best effort. :)

Faber

Reaction score
I'm joining next year after school. You should too if that's what you're thinking. No point in being afraid you're going to fail, just give it your best effort. :)
Very true, most likely will go after highschool. I just want to make sure I’m 100% and fully committed, as its only been in the past few weeks that I’ve really started thinking about joining I’m still trying to gather as much info and truly know what I’m getting myself into. But so far so good

fine

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I just want to make sure I’m 100% and fully committed, as its only been in the past few weeks that I’ve really started thinking about joining I’m still trying to gather as much info and truly know what I’m getting myself into.

Very mature of you to think about your career this way, especially at such a young age. I hope you get all the info and answers you need on this forum and we will all help out as much as we can.

Faber

Reaction score
Very mature of you to think about your career this way, especially at such a young age. I hope you get all the info and answers you need on this forum and we will all help out as much as we can.
Thanks :) As each day passes I am feeling more certain that I want to join. It would be such an honour to serve as a Royal Marine.