Hi, new guy just joined

JPM

Reaction score
I found out about this site from someone and ive been looking through it over the last week and cant believe i didnt find this earlier as ive been searching everywhere to find some info on what im getting myself into.

This site is great, its already given me a good idea of what i need to work on before my PRMC on the 22nd july.

Is there anyone else from around the gravesend/Kent area going on the prmc on the 22nd july?

djcid

Reaction score
welcome to the best forum in the world *text deleted*. not long been on here myself am hooked.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome Aboard mate!. :shakehands::shakehands:

Sam

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome pal, need anything? dont be scared to ask :) :shakehands:

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
Hi, new guy here

hey, i've only just found this site. I've just started my application, but have already done my Pyschometrics test at college, passed that and they sorting out my eye test and pjft now.
I know that you need to run the pjft in under 10 minutes but i was wondering what time you need to run the 3 miles in when doing the PRMC?? Can anyone help??
I just recently ran 3 miles in 20-21 mintues would this be a pass or would it need to be better??
Thanks

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi dan, in the 3 mile run you run 1.5 mile with your troop at a fairly slow pace. Then they let you have a piss and get ready. Once your ready you run back giving it YOUR BEST EFFORT so dont worry about time.

JPM

Reaction score
does anyone know about the course you have to run the 3 miler on? is it mainly flat or are there hills involved?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i believe it's a mildly undulating course, though training for hills isn't going to do you any harm

S

Sotiris

Welcome aboard lads :shakehands:.

Good luck with your aplications!

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thank god i found this site, i failed my interview after i passed my phycometric test i think it was my nerves realy but and he gave me 6 months till i have another one, waiting has been so horrible for me because my fitness is good and i no alot more about the marines now aswell, my interview will be in september and i just wanted to no wether someone could tell me how long it takes for them to put you on to your prmc after your medical and pjft and after youve passed your prmc how long does it take for you to join royal marine training ????

p.s what is the best way to improve your pressups and is ther a technique for doing them aswell as keeping your back straight?

cheers lads luke

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Thank god i found this site, i failed my interview after i passed my phycometric test i think it was my nerves realy but and he gave me 6 months till i have another one, waiting has been so horrible for me because my fitness is good and i no alot more about the marines now aswell, my interview will be in september and i just wanted to no wether someone could tell me how long it takes for them to put you on to your prmc after your medical and pjft and after youve passed your prmc how long does it take for you to join royal marine training ????

p.s what is the best way to improve your pressups and is ther a technique for doing them aswell as keeping your back straight?

cheers lads luke
Oh your scouse ill let you off luke!.. hahaha :P

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
sorry for all the posted messages everywere *text deleted* im new to the site haha