Hi Ninja_Stoker

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hiya,

Forgive my ignorance please, Id just like to ask you about banks..... As I understand it at Lympstone there is a Barclay's *text deleted* and recruits are given a talk from a representitive from Barclays bank. I have a Lloyds TSB and Bank of Scotland bank account, Im wondering would there be an issue if I didnt open a barclays account and asked for my wage to be paid into my BOS account? Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S If anyone else knows the answer to this please feel free to post your reply.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
It's a common one bud,

You can keep which ever bank you want as it doesn't make any difference to the Royal Navy and there wages department, but it does have it's draw backs. The Barclays on site isn't just a cash machine, it's a mini branch with staff.

They aren't just a bank either, they are like a mini welfare unit and you can discuss different issues with them, from your home life to issues if you haven't been paid right. If you tell them you haven't been paid right, they know who to speak to within the Navy and get it sorted for you asap. They do it while you are doing other stuff and you don't need to watch over them. They really are first class down there and much much more than a bank, plus you get paid a day earlier than any other bank.

My advice, would be to use them. They will help out with all your banking issues and even if training is getting too much, you can go in and have a cry. If you have a problem with your bank, your best bet is getting through to someone in a call centre who doesn't give a sh1t.

best advice I can give mate.

GW

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hiya,

Thank you very much for your prompt helpful reply *text deleted* much appreciated :)