hi!....+PJFT question

robj

Reaction score
hey everyone, im rob, 23years old from north wales. *text deleted* been snooping around this forum for a few weeks now but only decided to register today, theres defiantely some really helpfull topics on here that make for some great reading!
I applied for the Royal Marines a few months back and had my interview last friday, which I passed thankfully, I also had my medical and eyesight test on the same day so thats all sorted. *text deleted* got a pre joining fitness test booked for friday but may have to re-schedule for a later date as i injured my calf muscle on the weekend and dont want to damage it further by pushing myself on the 1.5mile run. Just wondering if its possible to re-schedule the tests without too much hassle? obviously I need to inform the AFCO and but I assume they dont need to do anything other than expect the pass/fail verdict at a later date? any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Jamie

Reaction score
Hello mate.. It should say in one of the letters you had to let them know if you need to postpone it.. they wont mind at all if you tel them its because of a injury.

where in north wales are your from? do you go to the wrexham AFCO?

robj

Reaction score
hey, thanks for the quick reply! yeah i did read the letter they gave me but its a bit vague to be honest, it says:
''should you injure yourself between now and the date of the test, or should you feel unwell on the day of the test, telephone the fitness centre to cancel the test and contach the AFCO immediately''
Didnt actually say what happens after you call them, but I guess its best just to call them and explain it, im sure it happens all the time and hopefully I'll get another date still within the 28 days time limit from my interview.
Im from Bethesda, pretty close to Bangor and yeah wrexham was my AFCO, 2 hours away on the train!

Jamie

Reaction score
do you come to wrexham on the train?
just asking because the fitness centre you do the test is in not in wrexham itself its in plas madoc, you can check it on a map. and its abit of a git to get to if your not in a car.
You can get a train from wrexham to ruabon which is quite close buts its still abit of a trek after that.

I cant see a problem with you cancelling.. as it says you can ring up on the day if your unwell to postpone it.

robj

Reaction score
*text deleted* took the train for the initial 'chat', psychometrics and interview/medical/eyesight but im *text deleted* drive up for the PJFT *text deleted* it does look like a bit of a blag to get to! cheers for the heads up though. I guess I just really want to avoid delaying my application process by having to 'cancel' but another week wont make any difference surely :?
How did you find the application process? I see you're just waithing to start RT thats awesome! cant wait to be at that stage (if i get there :? ).
Thanks again

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Hi Robi,

Welcome on site mate, yep I think you know that it's got to be done within the 28 days time frame. The afco usually leave it up to you to sort and arrange the pjft although some afco's maybe different.

So as long as you get a pass in the 28 days from your med, I don't think they'll be too bothered.

Anyway all the best

GW

Jamie

Reaction score
you will get there mate.. i think it would be better for you to delay it a week or so and get the injury sorted rather than risk doin more damage, possibly during the pjft! and making your process even longer.

my application went pretty smoothly.. they're pretty good in the Wrexham AFCO for working with you and helping any way they can. Its took me along time to get the ball rolling and start the application and now i've got to work until november thats why i dont start RT until january

Is it Anne C*text deleted**text deleted**n you spoke to?
They will probably send you on a RMAD in birmingham before your prmc which is a good day out.

robj

Reaction score
Cheers for the help guys, I called them today and arranged another date without any problems :D
Wrexham AFCO have been pretty good I guess, CPO H*text deleted** was the person who interviewed me, he's kinda scared me a little/made me more determined to succeed as he mentioned all 5 other lads he's put into RT this year with degree's have dropped out, doesnt say much for university!

robj

Reaction score
Well i passed the PJFT today, did it in 9 mins 30 seconds although it felt like I could have ran it a lot quicker! Bring on the PRMC! :D

robj

Reaction score
Cheers! yeah I went to uni, got a Business Studies degree (BA honours). Pretty far removed from a career in the Royal Marines haha. I realised once I'd finished my first year that I didnt really enjoy it and certainly didn't want to pursue a career in business, but I figured it'd be something to 'fall back on' and its a great experience for 3 years, and you learn a lot of life skills and basically have to get used to living away from home, so in that sense I think I probably did learn a lot of valuable lessons :D