Hi - so this is my first post

Marinegfx

Reaction score
So my fella is now a few weeks in, I believe 8? And I live quite far away from Lympstone but in regards to visiting, when they’re on like weekends and they get some time to themselves, are we girlfriends allowed to see them? Are there hotels around that I can stay in before returning home? Is this allowed? Obviously I know he has to be back on camp for 8 but can I still see him for a few hours? Away from camp?

Last edited:

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
If he’s granted leave on a Saturday and Sunday then yes he is free to meet up with you as long as he abides by his curfew timings. As for hotels etc then there are plenty around Exeter BUT be warned weekend leave can be taken away at a moments notice, we lost ours on the Saturday 2 hours before we were due to go ashore.

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
As @03092014 has pointed out, there are plenty of hotels in this area, Premier Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Jurys Inn, plus numerous others and weekends can also be restricted, but the further he goes in RT the less this is likely to happen.

I have also added to you to the P&P section where you will find other partners and parents who are in a similar situation to yourself. Take time out to introduce yourself on there. They're an excellent group of people who all have/had the same concerns as yourself.

Alan

Saz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yes, in fact I spent many a weekend visiting my other half, booked a hotel and he pretty much slept until he had to go back, another personal favourite is my actual birthday I spent in a hotel alone as their leave got cancelled

just be prepared for this to happen,which it will and cant be helped