hi there guys

kiwi

Reaction score
hi there boys , *text deleted* been looking at this web site for a while now ,its very good but just a quick question that some one out there mite be able to help with .
when i was doing basic training with the parachute reg back in 2002 we were aloud to pause during our press- ups ,is this not the case on the prmc do you go till you feel tired and then the staff stand you up ??

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
When doing your pushups your aloud a very quick rest in the pushup position ( don't arch your back. ) Make sure it's only a 1-3 second breather or they will pull you out.

Info based on various posts and diarys.

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
welcome to the site!

good luck in the future...

hope all goes accorcing to plan!

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Just a question, if you do 60 or more and pause and get told to stand up do those 60 still count or do they say it's a fail?

Also I found when the numbness sets in and you can't do anymore then do quick reps of 2, 2 deep breath 2 deep breath 2 deep breath, this isn't really advisable as you should aim for what's asked of you but if it really gets tough then quick reps of 2 makes it look like you're still determined.

crackhour

Civilian Member
Reaction score
If you are tired you are ALLOWED to rest in the up position with arms locked however, you can only keep two hands and two feet on the floor if you put anything else down or change position you will be pulled out and that will be your score for the day!!

In my opinion there are two types of pressup, the first is the controlled one, this calls for you to go down slowly, hold 1" from the ground and pause, then lift slowly to arms locked in the up position then repeat...These are mind wrenchingly difficult and slow!!

The second way is bounce almost. IE: Use momentum or gravity to get to the down position and hold,but never really pause as such before pushing up again these are easier and faster for less benifit to your fitness, but could be the order of the day for the prmc test!!
Please dont forget though, that I hav'nt actually done the prmc and may be wrong about what is acceptable!
There is a dude on youtube called KISA72,
Go here guys and see what can be achieved!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWY4z7ypVkg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FKAYxIDPpY&feature=related

I am editing this to add info...The second link I've provided is to KISA72, doing DIAMOND pushups IE: Hands together! These badboys are THE most difficult pushups you can do, and he does 210 in one go!

sooty795

Reaction score
i did a prmc a few years ago, and as long as you didn`t put your knees down you could rest as long as you want, don`t forget thought the more time you rest the less time for the max number of press ups